Argentinians and emoticons.

Hop said:
Yeah, i think it also has to do with why they always shout when they chat and overuse exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jajajajjajajajajajajjajajajaja don't you think!?!?!?!?!?!!?
Yep, and "muuuuuuuuuuy" and "pocoooooooooooo" and "siiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" etc. :):rolleyes::confused::eek:

Well I guess I got to explain another thing again. We're not like you (americans specially). Our root comes from Italy and Spain, and they are more expresive than all people from germanic countrys when they talk. So thats why we are more expresive in the oral comunication and also chating, of course. ;):mad::):D. Maby you are too cold and unexpresive, or maby we are too expresive. who knows how much is just enough?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿

Brigadier said:
Well I guess I got to explain another thing again. We're not like you (americans specially). Our root comes from Italy and Spain, and they are more expresive than all people from germanic countrys when they talk. So thats why we are more expresive in the oral comunication and also chating, of course. ;):mad::):D. Maby you are too cold and unexpresive, or maby we are too expresive. who knows how much is just enough?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿

Of course you could be joking, but if we were expressive and wrote expressively, we wouldn't need emoticons at all.

I rarely use smilies, and I never use the other things you guys say. I just overuse words and bad grammar.

Brigadier said:
Not a problem, Brigadier, we are as expressive or not as our background has tought us is too little/enough/too much - although we do learn from the Argentinos to behave more like you, when in Argentina. I personally gesture much more here than I would in my home country.

It just seems funny when we watch this, same as you'll find funny (a.k.a. different) behavior when you visit one of our countries.

I really have nothing to say except this post cracked me up!
My fiancee is a student, and she visits a medical forum daily. The 'jejejejejejej' has caught my attention as well.

Back