"argentna's Hypocrites Are Steeped In Blood" London Times

sergio

Registered
I just found an intresting article from the TIMES dated January 26, 2013 written by a former MP, Matthew Parris. Entitled "Argentna's hypocrites are steeped in blood" it is only available to TIMES subscribers however the followng link from MercoPress is accessible and gives a good summary of the article. The TIMES piece is about genocide committed against Argentina's indigenous population in the 19th century and the hypocrisy of CFK's calling the British "colonialists" when in fact Argentna's white population have a long history of colonialism whose terror and cruelty exceed that of the European colonial powers:

http://en.mercopress.com/2013/01/29/are-falkland-islanders-the-mapuches-of-the-south-atlantic

Yes it's strong but the extermination of so many indigenous people was strong. I have never been able to understanmd the claims to the Falklands when it is so obvious that Argentina was stolen from the indigenous people. Even to this day I still hear people in Argentina say "Don't act like an Indian" when they think someone is being uncultured or ignorant. The apparent inability to put two and two together and get fouron this subject is a big blind spot.

This has always amazed me as well. Most of the time when I tell people here that they just ignore it and divert the argument.
Its part of the macho culture here that doesn't want to admit to any mistakes and is closed to outside ideas.

I've brought this up as a response as well. Most Argentines are usually mute, which is surprising. Given their obsession with Europe, you'd think the Argentines would be thrilled if they were forced to go back. Nunca viajaron afuera, pero les contaron..

The fact that the government here refuses to have a dialogue with the people who actually live there shows how serious--or not, as the case may be--they are about "recovering" the islands.

I'd like to here an Argentines point of view on this, where are they? Perhaps they'll tell you about how many have native blood thus making it all ok, not.

As a balance, Adri (my Argentine gf) is as appalled as anyone at the wholesale slaughter carried on by Roca (?) and others, especially when I ask her why so many streets are named after such 'fine generals'.

I'd like to here an Argentines point of view on this, where are they? Perhaps they'll tell you about how many have native blood thus making it all ok, not.

Sorry, you mean hear?

Its also funny how they have a public holiday for the day they invaded the Falklands.
That would be like Germany having a holiday marking the date they invaded Poland.

Its also funny how they have a public holiday for the day they invaded the Falklands.
That would be like Germany having a holiday marking the date they invaded Poland.

Or how Cristina found the solemn ceremony of the islanders commemorating the end of the war some kind of provocation, didn't she say something like 'where in the world do people commemorate the end of a war'? Err... Remembrance Day??? Oh, that's right you guys were ahem... neutral back then.

Back