Arriving in Buenos Aires in 6 weeks!

rosstheexpat

Registered
Greetings,
My name is Ross and I am moving to Buenos Aires in 6 weeks from the states. Can anyone recommend some items I should bring with me? Any other recommendation?

- Ross

food, especialy dried sauces. really depnds how long you are comming for and what you are going to do lol

One thing I wished I had brought: a really good dead bolt lock (with many many key copies, JIC), I don't like or trust the keys here.

Good memory cards (the high capacity or high performance (type IV ??) flavour). They are far too overpriced here if you can find them at all.

Oh, and I had to get family in London to bring me a pair of doc martens because I like my shoes to last.

Better yet; take a look in mercadolibre.com.ar first, search for something you might want during your stay. If you can't find it there, you are probably not going to find it. As for the prices... items listed with US$ or U$ are usually with the customs charges and other fluff added, so keep that in mind.

Spicy stuff! I am suffering from the lack of salsa picante. Unless of course you're not mexican, in which case you'll be fine.

What about electronic items? Will I need an adapter for the outlets in Argentina?
- ross

rosstheexpat said:
What about electronic items? Will I need an adapter for the outlets in Argentina?
- ross

Most electronics today support 220v. Check the adapter for your electronics and if it says AC 100~240v 50/60Hz you're good and you will not need a voltage converter. For those with US style plugs you will need is a plug adapter, and you can find those at most local hardware stores here.

If any of your electronics only supports 110v, then you'll have to get a converter. You can buy them here on hardware stores as well.

Back