Arriving soon... flowers?

wet bull

Registered
Ciao,

I'm a musician moving down to Buenos Aires in the next few months. Fell in love with an amazing portena and coming down there to be with her and make a way for myself.

I'm not going to be there for a few more months, but I was wondering if there is any way I can send her flowers? I'd like to surprise her some week with them. She lives in the city... are there any flowershops that I could order online with a credit card and have delivery, or that I could contact by phone and might speak english. I was fluent in Spanish about 4 years ago, but I haven't had the opportunity to speak it much since and am not completely confident in being able to navigate the ins and outs of getting flowers delivered.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Also, what is the music scene like? I'm a multi-instrumentalist and a singer, love jazz and latin music as well as hip-hop and funk. Studied with jazz musicians, as well as Hindustani classical musicians. Can I expect to find these musics in BsAs? Is there a rhumba scene? I haven't a clue what to expect. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ciao.

Welcome, "bull". Wide variety of music in Bs.As. -- all that you list (haven't heard much Indian, though, and no classical Hindustani) and more.

Chau (yes, that's the spelling in Spanish).

There is a great website I use for ordering presents/gifts for friends in Buenos Aires. It's called www.tuparada.com. They always deliver on-time and have a wide variety of gifts.

Lots of musicians, live music and people in a similar position to yourself (musical extranjeros) in the San Telmo area. Suerte!

Back