Article in Clarin

Lucas said:
None of the above, if you want an impartial, independent, unbiased and balanced news network stick with the Eye Network, CNN or FOX and you will be fine, there is a slight problem though, all of them use the truth as a (very thin) veil - it's just a shame that so many people fail to see through it, same as the people who read Clarin for example.... :rolleyes:

Bah, Clarin would still be on friendly terms with this government if it weren't for their criticism of the retenciones in 2008.

If Clarín Group is so evil, why was its contract to air soccer games cancelled in 2009? Why the Ley de Medios in 2009? Why not renew Fibertel's license in 2010? Why this whole Papel Prensa debacle in 2010/2011? If all of this wrong-doing is so problematic for the CFK and NK administrations, why wait until now to take care of it? Why were all of these issues so unimportant prior to 2008?

I think Clarín Group's monopoly over the media in this country is frightening, but the government taking over the monopoly doesn't make me feel a whole lot better.

Spfly731 said:
Recommendations are greatly appreciated.... what should I read?
Read tea leaves. Anything else is pure Spin and total Bullshit.

I suppose that you are suggesting that any newspaper that prints something contrary to the party line is bogus ? How about those that print about the rampant goverment corruption that is crippling this country ? Should I not read a paper that reports on the obviously fabricated economical statistics run by that dude that speaks to people with a gun on his desk ?
You can not like a particular paper , but its wrong to tell people not to read it .
PS , since when has Fox News been known for accuracy ?

Back