Article on ARG Economy and Real Estate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep an eye out for what Andrew writes, not his tourist 'twaffle' that you can see he spends less than ten minutes churning out. Someone once asked me who is the smartest guy I had ever met, I had met Andrew McCance recently and he is selling my apartment at Tucuman 900 in the Forcadell - Andrew was somewhere at the top of my list, he really does understand Argentina. How many non-Argentines are retained by lawyers as business consultants here - how I found him - biggest laugh is he struggles to speak Spanish!

I replied, but alas I am moderated - maybe because I tried to sell my apartment here?

Nothing against the authors but I would question their objectivity as they are trying to sell real estate in Argentina. I've never met anybody involved in real estate that didn't believe that now was the time to buy. The authors in this case certainly seem to have rose colored glasses given the current situation in Argentina. You might be able to make a better prediction after the next election.

I have nothing against the author either, but his ignorance is appalling. Hard to believe anything in that article, after seeing this tremendous blopper:

"By 2007, Nestor Kirchner had served two Presidential terms and his wife Fernanda won the next presidential race."

This creative writer cut the Argentine presidential term from four years to two, and renamed Cristina as "Fernanda". Sounds like Andrew McCance wrote the article in a hurry, and no one bothered to check his facts. The piece seems designed to entice investors and sell real estate.

Like Sara, I was stunned that he got his political facts wrong, even the President's name. Nevertheless, it's true that real estate is a safe investment here if the buyer chooses carefully and takes care not to get cheated. If you have a lot of money to invest and want to diversify, buying real estate here may make sense. If your funds are limited, I don't encourage it unless you plan to live here full time, or at least most of the time. Argentina is a complicated country. You really need to be around to monitor the situation rather than trust people to take care of things for you.

quote=gouchobob;67623]Nothing against the authors but I would question their objectivity as they are trying to sell real estate in Argentina. I've never met anybody involved in real estate that didn't believe that now was the time to buy. The authors in this case certainly seem to have rose colored glasses given the current situation in Argentina. You might be able to make a better prediction after the next election.[/quote]

Once again our resident doomsayer has to make a comment that he has been harping in the same tune for three years . Can I ask you Gouchobob the same people that you told not to buy real estate in Buenos Aires three years ago are they better off today?

I can name many people who lost thirty to forty percent of the savings due to listening to people like Gouchobob who kept their monies in stock markets or euros or dollars which have all shown tremendous losses against the value of the peso and inflation over the years.

Properties since 2007 have increased in value over 20 percent minimum in good locations in Buenos Aires . Not only have people shown an increase of their returned investment but have also not paid outrageous rents for the last three years.

Comparing The USA to Argentina is ignorance in its finest form as so many variables create market prices and the most simple one for the unintelligent is supply and demand . In the USA there is an oversupply of properties created by the banking system and its slave entrapment of its citizens through its credit schemes . In most cities of the USA the amount of repossessed properties for sale is staggering and they cannot give them away due to crippling yearly taxes and the like
http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxn...action=article

In Argentina 96 % of property sales are in cash now GOUCHOBOB do you understand now CASH not credit and this is the reason that there is very little oversupply as well as hardly any bank owned repossessions.

Now when you put this equation into Buenos Aires and choose a exclusive neighbourhood like Recoleta where there are hardly any new apartments and scarce supply of used apartments for sale it takes no rocket science to see why property prices are rising and demand is so strong.

Last month my office Remax Bestsellers had its best month ever recorded and why is this ? Simple the Argentine Peso to Dollar has hardly changed in a year but inflation has been close to 30 percent meanining that the value of your monies have been diminished. Argentina has many wealthy people and for the information of the group is the second country in the world with the highest amount of US dollars . This group buy and sell property with a passion creating the very dynamic property market we have today.

I predict that prices will go up and for all that have fiat currencies I suggest thay you invest before it is too late or covert your fiat currencies to gold or silver .

I agree with Pericles that property values have increased considerably and that property here, if carefully chosen, is a good investment. I also agree that the excesses of the US banking system have caused an oversupply in markets like Miami. Properties are selling for a fraction of their original prices due to speculation and irresponsible lending. There is little credit in Argentina. It's almost entirely a cash market, hence no bubble. The main thing I don't like here are the cash transactions. I worry about selling and where to safely put the proceeds while looking for another property.

After reading that sloppy article, I thought the outfit sounded as fake as a three-dollar bill. Wouldn't buy a doghouse from them.

quote=gouchobob;67623]Nothing against the authors but I would question their objectivity as they are trying to sell real estate in Argentina. I've never met anybody involved in real estate that didn't believe that now was the time to buy. The authors in this case certainly seem to have rose colored glasses given the current situation in Argentina. You might be able to make a better prediction after the next election.[/quote]

Once again our resident doomsayer has to make a comment that he has been harping in the same tune for three years . Can I ask you Gouchobob the same people that you told not to buy real estate in Buenos Aires three years ago are they better off today?

I can name many people who lost thirty to forty percent of the savings due to listening to people like Gouchobob who kept their monies in stock markets or euros or dollars which have all shown tremendous losses against the value of the peso and inflation over the years.

Properties since 2007 have increased in value over 20 percent minimum in good locations in Buenos Aires . Not only have people shown an increase of their returned investment but have also not paid outrageous rents for the last three years.

Comparing The USA to Argentina is ignorance in its finest form as so many variables create market prices and the most simple one for the unintelligent is supply and demand . In the USA there is an oversupply of properties created by the banking system and its slave entrapment of its citizens through its credit schemes . In most cities of the USA the amount of repossessed properties for sale is staggering and they cannot give them away due to crippling yearly taxes and the like
http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxn...action=article

In Argentina 96 % of property sales are in cash now GOUCHOBOB do you understand now CASH not credit and this is the reason that there is very little oversupply as well as hardly any bank owned repossessions.

Now when you put this equation into Buenos Aires and choose a exclusive neighbourhood like Recoleta where there are hardly any new apartments and scarce supply of used apartments for sale it takes no rocket science to see why property prices are rising and demand is so strong.

Last month my office Remax Bestsellers had its best month ever recorded and why is this ? Simple the Argentine Peso to Dollar has hardly changed in a year but inflation has been close to 30 percent meanining that the value of your monies have been diminished. Argentina has many wealthy people and for the information of the group is the second country in the world with the highest amount of US dollars . This group buy and sell property with a passion creating the very dynamic property market we have today.

I predict that prices will go up and for all that have fiat currencies I suggest thay you invest before it is too late or covert your fiat currencies to gold or silver .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back