Assistance, Partnership, Help!!!???

Mano Negra

Registered
The best way to get stuff rolling in BA is to put some ideas out there and see what comes back. Therefore, I don't want to define a job (or various), I want to explain what I am doing, what I need and see if anyone is interested.

So after a year of restoration, I am finally nearly ready to open my little Art Deco Bed and Breakfast in Alto Palermo. It's going to be very beautiful, all stained glass, marble and old oak parquet. The bespoke furniture is being designed and built by the guys that own Chipper. The idea is not to have a hotel atmosphere but more an old fashioned (i.e. no rave music) house party onda. Nor do I want to go "a full" with the marketing but prefer to build it by word of mouth and attract people who are looking for a more "hosted" experience in BA.

That being said, it appears to be taking off faster than I thought, with 50 nights already confirmed, just from people that have found my blog somewhere, and threats of many more! So I am looking for collaborators. I'm not interested in people just passing through. What I'm looking for is people that love this city like I do, which excludes half the people who moan on this site (sorry guys, I just don't see it, I've been coming here for 17 years, lived here for 4, and life is not that complicated....and you can find lemongrass). So, if you enjoy assisting people to explore what for me is the the best city in the world, you might be suitable.

The reality is that I would prefer to work with older people (or at least people with mature attitudes), who have a genuine interest in the City's culture. Specifically I am looking for:

Recommendations for cleaning staff. I only need one or two people, it is only a 7 bedroom place.

Hosts: People that really love the culture of BA, know the galleries, museums and restaurants and will go the extra mile to make sure my guests have a great time. Must be bilingual.

Possibly a night person/s who will take care of late returnees, drunkards, clean up a little and do a bit of prep for breakfast, and is computer literate enough to compile a list of activities and cultural events to print out in time for breakfast the following day.

All the above (with the exception of the cleaners) would be on a trial, let's see if it works, basis.

In addition to the above, I have put in a fantastic catering kitchen and have a dining room plus heated terrace for 40/50 people. I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has catering/pop up restaurant/ puerta cerrada ideas. I would love to "incubate" your new business, and give you a way to develop a following before you invest in setting up a restaurant. And maybe then invest in it?!

If any of the above interests anyone, please PM me.

Abrazos

Miles

Best of luck with the new venture. I've been following the blog and would love to check out the space at some point... Plus, let me know about any puerta cerradas!

Thanks for all the support. It's all gone reasonably smoothly so far, which given I've had at least 30 different people working on it (not at the same time thank God) over 9 months is a bloody miracle. I have to say the customer service of the suppliers, providers, workers etc, has actually been remarkably good and punctual. Of course there are always a few challenges, like not being able to get certain things because they can't be imported, or the tile factory having its gas cut off during the cold spell, but we have managed with pretty much 100% argentine product. Some things have been downright remarkable, like when I couldn't find the right replacement tiles to restore the Andalusian terrace garden, the guys in the shop just said don't worry, we can have them made and colour matched in 10 days. I imagined this was going to cost me a fortune but no, 15 pesos a tile and a minimum order of just 10. I would have just been laughed at in the UK if I had tried to ask for that.

Anyway, can't wait to open now! Should be ready by the end of the month. Maybe I will throw a little BA Expats cocktail, to introduce the place for anyone that might have friends or family that want to stay in Boutique Hotel luxury surroundings, with a more personal service and at Bed and Breakfast prices. It won't suit everyone of course, for instance we won't be offering a turn down service, so you will need to know how to get into a bed without such assistance!

Back