atm all broken today?

arty

Registered
Went and tried to get money at 5 different banks today, all the atm's were down. Anyone else experience this?

arty said:
Went and tried to get money at 5 different banks today, all the atm's were down. Anyone else experience this?

Maybe (very very far from being sure) is it because we are at the beginning of the month and the subsidies for having kids are being credited.
Yesterday, late evening, far from the city, there were like 20 people waiting to take cash out (I think those subsidies are associated with an ATM card) : that was very unusual, hence my deduction.

I had the same issue.

You can get paid for making babies here?
Anyone want to team-up?

Hahahaha!

Same for me!! I went to a few atm's and they all kept saying, "temporarily unavailable." Guess it wasn't just me!

went to Banco france today and had no problems,though they have had their fair share of outtages themselves recently as well.

ATMs generally get refilled at around 3pm so it could have been because of that.
In 2001 they started shutting down all over the place when the banks refused to refill them in a bid to keep as much money as possible in the system... (I don't think we're quite back there yet though!).

Sounds pretty normal to me for Argentina. If you survive off of ATM's always get your money between Tuesday and Thursday. On Fridays they get cleaned out for the weekend, it can be very difficult to find one with cash on weekends. Mondays are bad as well, until late in the day as they are still empty from the weekend.

Back