Dollars from ATMs in Buenos Aires

barbagen

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for information on which banks or branches in Buenos Aires allow withdrawing dollars from an ATM using a card.

If you have experience, could you please share what commission the ATM charged for the service?

My bank says the commission will be 5.5%, but the local bank's ATM may also add its own commission.

Thank you!

I remember when I withdrew dollars from ATMs in Buenos. That was when the peso was equal to the dollar. I paid my rent in dollars. But that was back in the year 2000.

We were able to do it around the time I arrived in 2017-2018, not every bank branch had a Dollar ATM, but there were some around. I don't think it's been possible for a few years though.

Thank you.

I don't know where to get dollars if I can only withdraw pesos with my card. Do I need to find a place to buy dollars?

The landlord is asking for payment only in cash dollars. Money transfers to a bank account are not accepted.

I was at HSBC bank today, and they said you can only use local pesos in Argentina. I replied, 'But why do all the locals ask me for dollars?🥲

We were able to do it around the time I arrived in 2017-2018, not every bank branch had a Dollar ATM, but there were some around. I don't think it's been possible for a few years though.
Let me guess, you withdrew dollars from your own account here in Argentina?

Nope :) I just want to use an ATM and withdraw dollars from my credit card. At least I was able to do it this month in Finland. I am not used to carrying around lots of cash. I normally use cards, but any potential landlord is asking for cash in dollars, and I don't know the most effective way to get some cash dollars here in Buenos Aires. It is quite a sum for 3-month rent + deposit.

Let me guess, you withdrew dollars from your own account here in Argentina?
Yes, and I may even have used my foreign debit card as well, but it's too long ago to remember now. Whatever, Dollars from the ATM isn't a thing anymore, as far as I know, and this isn't Finland, @barbagen. There's a lot of information to search through on the forum, with solutions like spending several days in Uruguay to get USD from the ATMs there, or finding a cueva where you can transfer to a foreign account and they'll give you the USD here, bringing money in as Pesos with WU and then converting it to USD at a cueva... none of this is particularly easy, and you'll need to do your own research.

Nope :) I just want to use an ATM and withdraw dollars from my credit card. At least I was able to do it this month in Finland. I am not used to carrying around lots of cash. I normally use cards, but any potential landlord is asking for cash in dollars, and I don't know the most effective way to get some cash dollars here in Buenos Aires. It is quite a sum for 3-month rent + deposit.
I sent you a private message.

The only way I know is to sell crypto. I buy USDT on Binance, withdraw it to the Cambio Baires (CriptoBA) address - all over WhatsApp - they take 3% and give me USD notes, or a mix of USD and pesos. It’s not as quick and simple as WU (and the rate has been worse lately) but it was a nice workaround when WU was down this week.

Back