Atm Restrictions?

Ikaros

Registered
Hello everyojne

I have booked an appartment for 7 weeks.In the confirmation letter the real estate broker along with everything else also had some infos, one of them were "...can only withdraw argentine PESOS from ATMs. The maximum amount to withdraw per day is $900 argentine PESOS".

This is gonna be my fifth time in BsAs ( I was there last year and the year before) and if i recall well I used to withdraw 1200 or 1400 Pesos at a time. Is this a new restriction?Or it does not apply to foreign credit cards?

Thank you in advance. Appreciated.

Hello everyojne

I have booked an appartment for 7 weeks.In the confirmation letter the real estate broker along with everything else also had some infos, one of them were "...can only withdraw argentine PESOS from ATMs. The maximum amount to withdraw per day is $900 argentine PESOS".

This is gonna be my fifth time in BsAs ( I was there last year and the year before) and if i recall well I used to withdraw 1200 or 1400 Pesos at a time. Is this a new restriction?Or it does not apply to foreign credit cards?

Thank you in advance. Appreciated.

I have regularly withdrawn 1000 pesos without difficulty, never tried to take more. Did so with US Citibank debit card, not credit card.

I might add that I have another debit card, from a different bank, that I can also use.

I can withdraw 3000 pesos a day with my card, though I think some banks stop at 2000.
You need to do it in separate transactions (at the same machine), with a maximum of 1000 pesos per transaction, so maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

Meanwhile, back at the banks, http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-28/disappearing-dollars-compound-default-threat-argentina-credit.html

DO NOT USE THE ATMS!

You'll only get the official exchange rate of $5.05 while the blue rate is $7.50 or higher. You'll be losing more than 50% on your money. Bring USD or use Xoom.

Use ATMs only in an emergency.

DO NOT USE THE ATMS!

You'll only get the official exchange rate of $5.05 while the blue rate is $7.50 or higher. You'll be losing more than 50% on your money. Bring USD or use Xoom.
Dave is correct I have not used an ATM in the last year. Find some Argentines with US bank accts and swap them Dollars for pesos here.

Dave is correct I have not used an ATM in the last year. Find some Argentines with US bank accts and swap them Dollars for pesos here.

Yep, my last ATM transaction here was March 2012 as well.

Thank you for the feedback.

Xoom can only be used from the States (I live in Greece )or at least you need an U.S. bank account .

I can not carry on me so much cash (for 7 weeks) and the blue rate can only be achieved through "cuevos" or the "sketchie -doggie " (i am sure I am miss spelling these words ) faces on Florida str.

I do not have any access to "cuevos" and if the person on Florida passes you a fake bill ,you are lower than the official rate,So the ATM looks and douhds like a safe solution .

Again thank you very much.

Thank you for the feedback.

Xoom can only be used from the States (I live in Greece )or at least you need an U.S. bank account .

I can not carry on me so much cash (for 7 weeks) and the blue rate can only be achieved through "cuevos" or the "sketchie -doggie " (i am sure I am miss spelling these words ) faces on Florida str.

I do not have any access to "cuevos" and if the person on Florida passes you a fake bill ,you are lower than the official rate,So the ATM looks and douhds like a safe solution .

Again thank you very much.

http://exchange4free.eu/ works for a blueish rate and europeans

and i've got friends who got fake notes from an ATM here!

Back