Atm Restrictions?

I do not have any access to "cuevos" and if the person on Florida passes you a fake bill ,you are lower than the official rate,So the ATM looks and douhds like a safe solution .

Again thank you very much.

Risks to receive a fake bill on Florida are very, very slim (I'm celebrating my 10th year here). Don't worry. You face much higher risks getting robbed in the street (whether you use an ATM, XOOM or go to Florida street).

If you wish, I send you by PM the address of one of those exchange places on Florida street (I used it 3 or 4 times, no problem).

Hi Ikaros,

There is new online money transfer service available so that you don't have to mess with the cuevas or lose big at the ATM.

You can get the blue rate 9.14ARS/ 1EUR. For those with accounts in other locales the rate is: 6.79ARS/ 1CAD 10.6ARS/ 1GBP & 7.15ARS/ 1AUD

...and unlike Xoom there is no fee!

It is password protected for security reasons, so please pm me for the password (on the day you would like to make the transaction).

Thank you for the feedback.

Xoom can only be used from the States (I live in Greece )or at least you need an U.S. bank account .

I can not carry on me so much cash (for 7 weeks) and the blue rate can only be achieved through "cuevos" or the "sketchie -doggie " (i am sure I am miss spelling these words ) faces on Florida str.

I do not have any access to "cuevos" and if the person on Florida passes you a fake bill ,you are lower than the official rate,So the ATM looks and douhds like a safe solution .

Unless you find someone here with a foreign acct so you can swap pesos for dollars, your next bet is a day trip to Colonia Uruguay for Dollar ATM extraction....!! or just bring US$7000 cash will suffice for seven weeks.

If someone can do a bank transfer (usd) from overseas bank to my account I can give you usd or pesos here.

I have a UK Sterling bank account and for pesos at blue dollar rate, I would be happy to do a bank transfer.

I have a account in AUD in Australia, would be happy to transfer. Require pesos. Can someone confirm if http://exchange4free.eu/ is legit?

Thank you for the feedback.

Xoom can only be used from the States (I live in Greece )or at least you need an U.S. bank account .

I can not carry on me so much cash (for 7 weeks) and the blue rate can only be achieved through "cuevos" or the "sketchie -doggie " (i am sure I am miss spelling these words ) faces on Florida str.

Florida street sounds sketchy and dodgy... But it's not so bad, I've been going to a guy I found not long after my arrival. No fake notes and all is safe so far. Once you arrive try to get someone to take you to Florida street. You can also look into this site for money transfers. Www.riomoneytransfer.com

A friend from Mexico uses it...

Ejcot, have you or anyone you know used exhange4free? Says there's one payout location in cap fed, Libertad 1057....thanks!

Ejcot, have you or anyone you know used exhange4free? Says there's one payout location in cap fed, Libertad 1057....thanks!

a few people here have used it i think, the location is a more store like xoom can use

Risks to receive a fake bill on Florida are very, very slim (I'm celebrating my 10th year here). Don't worry. You face much higher risks getting robbed in the street (whether you use an ATM, XOOM or go to Florida street).

I have been using Florida St. since my arrival here 1 year ago and never had any issues. And I go here once a week.

Back