Atm Restrictions?

Camberiu, Florida St. it's a full time job for you! you are a big time spemder :D You should move nearby..!

I am? I don't think I have ever been called a big time spender before. Ever.

Blue rate is changing fast. If you use an ATM now, you are really getting screwed...............

I live in the US and needed to send money to a family member in Buenos Aires. Previously I had used an ATM card to get the money there, but with all the problems getting cash out of ATMs lately and the lousy exchange rate, I checked here to see what solutions other people used.

I had never before heard of XOOM, but read so many positive comments on the forums and decided to give it a try. I have to say it has been a great find! Very easy to use and with a decent exchange rate. Thanks for all the good information you have all had to share. My family member is very grateful too!

Julian

Just looked at exchange4free - £1 = ARS11.538 (whereas purchases made here on a UK credit card rate are coming in at around about £1=ARS7.4). Do you literally transfer £ from a UK bank account and rack up at one of their Argentine payout locations to get the physical cash? Seems to good to be true...

Just discovered Azimo for all the British expats out there. They're offering £1 = ARS $12.1195 and waiving the transfer fee of £5 if you use the code MONEY2013.

The easiest and surest way: catch a Colonia Express boat to Colonia (or one to Carmelo, Uruguay, etc), it only costs about 500 pesos, and there you can withdraw up to 900 USD per day.
If you need more, check in in a cheap hostel and the next day you can get en extra 900.Then go to a cambio shop there and they will give you the black rate in Arg pesos. And you do some sightseeing for free.

The easiest and surest way: catch a Colonia Express boat to Colonia (or one to Carmelo, Uruguay, etc), it only costs about 500 pesos, and there you can withdraw up to 900 USD per day.
If you need more, check in in a cheap hostel and the next day you can get en extra 900.Then go to a cambio shop there and they will give you the black rate in Arg pesos. And you do some sightseeing for free.

Good suggestion but not quite !! why US900 per day only? Also why cash all at once there, instead of doing it here slowly to benefit from possible blue rate increases?? see the point of avoiding cuevas here.

Back