Atm Restrictions?

Just discovered Azimo for all the British expats out there. They're offering £1 = ARS $12.1195 and waiving the transfer fee of £5 if you use the code MONEY2013.

Anyone used this yet?

An update about Azimo. I succesfully sent some money across, however the pick-up point at Cerrito does not exist and the one at Florida will not pay out. They send you to the one at Corrientes around 2400 ish. Wild goose chase! No idea how many of the other supposed pick-up points are valid.

Re Azimo, can anyone from the UK (i.e a friend) send you money here or does it have to be a relative / what kind of paperwork is required to pick it up?

I think anyone can send. You just present your id and the number reference and amount. They ask you the reason when you send, but there are many options including "other". No questions were asked when my husband went to collect. Another good thing, unlike exchange4free, you don't have to send the site a scan of your passport and bank statement upon registration.

Florida street sounds sketchy and dodgy... But it's not so bad, I've been going to a guy I found not long after my arrival. No fake notes and all is safe so far. Once you arrive try to get someone to take you to Florida street. You can also look into this site for money transfers. Www.riomoneytransfer.com

A friend from Mexico uses it...
That's RIA, not rio:
riamoneytransfer.com

Hi La:Guachita:
Appreciate your assistance. I want to wire money to myself here from my Canadian account without using ATM`s..
My Canadian account is at TD Bank.
My Argentina account is at Banco Frances.

@khairyexpat - I have an account with Citibank Argentina. It lets me withdraw 3000 pesos a day from any Banelco ATM.

Slopey:
Did you open your Citibank account with a passport or do you have Argentina DNI?

Could anyone who successfully used Azimo please comment as to what documentation was required to collect the money in Argentina. Did you have to fill out any forms at their cash pickup location here?. Thanks.

Back