ATMCash - Anyone heard of or used them?

sivan

Registered
I know that everyone is talking about XOOM but as far as i can understand that only really benefits people from the States?
I'm from South Africa and I was trying to figure out how to get Argentine pesos there and I came across this website.
https://www.atmcash.com/index.html
Anyone heard of or used them?
Would love feedback!

Hello everyone and if you've done so already, thank you for checking out our service.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but the registration pages at ATMCash.com are currently unavailable and we are not accepting new customers at this time. The decision to take the application down came a few weeks ago while we're planning to add new capabilities and features to the service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for you interest in the service. We hope to be back up soon to service your money transfer needs.

Sincerely,
Steven
Account Manager
ATMCash.com

sivan said:
I know that everyone is talking about XOOM but as far as i can understand that only really benefits people from the States?
I'm from South Africa and I was trying to figure out how to get Argentine pesos there and I came across this website.
https://www.atmcash.com/index.html
Anyone heard of or used them?
Would love feedback!

Haven't used them but out of curiosity, i just called. First thing the guy told me is that he can't help setup an account if you tell him you're here in Argentina and want to send money to yourself. For some crazy reason, it doesn't matter whether you're a US citizen with a US bank account temporarily living or visiting here. So if you're going to set up an account, tell him you're in the USA or those sending you money are in the USA (and watch your call display) or do so entirely online when this is up. They've temporarily halted the online signup service to the general public and made it an "invitation" only service for now. So when they do get the online application back up, they may track IP addresses so if might make sense to use Hotspot shield or other service that assigns your browser a US IP address.

We'll still be at the mercy of the infamous 1,000 peso limit/transaction that most of us (except some Citibank customers) have and ATMcash charges $1.50 per withdrawal and a 3% currency conversion fee. ATM users here would still be charged about 18 pesos/1000 pesos. The exchange rate is the "official" rate (4.31 today) so if you could get dollars here without this service, you could make significantly more at a cueva or exchanging dollars for pesos with just about anyone.

Overall, might not be a bad service for some especially given the ease of receiving and charging the card but it's not all that altogether financially competitive in light of restrictions here.

Thanks for calling LostinBA. Seems like the service isnt going to be available for a while so heres option number 2.
www.moneygram.com
Anyone used this one?

And the big one million question is: Do you get DOLLARS and not pesos converted to the awfull legal rate of 4.40 or whatever it is at the end.........interested in knowing this too....

Back