ATMs that still dish out dollars?

sinagua980

Registered
I haven't looked or done much research, but since the new dollar rules do you know of any ATMs that still offer dollars?

My money and earnings are from the U.S. and I normally just withdraw into pesos, but occasionally I need dollars. I don't want to withdraw pesos, then buy dollars. That's losing too much money in two unnecessary exchanges.

I don't have a local bank account.

You won't be able to withdraw dollars from any ATM in Argentina, unless you have a local account in dollars. ALL withdrawals from ATMs from foreign accounts are in pesos Argentinos, sorry to break the news to you.......

Were you previously able to withdraw USD from your US bank account on a local ATM? (That would be surprising).

AFAIK, only people having a local bank account in USD can withdraw USD (Otherwise, that would obviously be great for us who withdraw money from foreing bank accounts).

No, I never did withdraw in dollars, but I was given the option once from Banco Frances. That's helpful to know. Thanks.

sinagua980 said:
No, I never did withdraw in dollars, but I was given the option once from Banco Frances. That's helpful to know. Thanks.

Yes, I see also the USD option when I use my foreign card (my bank account is in USD also) but if you try to use it, it won't work (sadly :()

Can you still get a local dollar bank account?

jb5 said:
Can you still get a local dollar bank account?

No idea but people living here on the long term while living on a foreign income (whether active/passive) and needing absolutely dollars should open a multicurrency account in Uruguay.

Is there any problem selling US $ at casas de cambio or elsewhere?
Any problem with ATMS disbursing pesos from foreign accounts?

evitaduarte said:
Is there any problem selling US $ at casas de cambio or elsewhere?
Any problem with ATMS disbursing pesos from foreign accounts?

Anyone coming in to exchange USD for Pesos is given a pancho y una coca :p

No problem with ATMs (took 3500 or 4000 at once a few days ago).

French jurist said:
Anyone coming in to exchange USD for Pesos is given a pancho y una coca :p

No problem with ATMs (took 3500 or 4000 at once a few days ago).

Then you owe me! I will settle for Pomegranets, do you still have any left on the trees?

Back