ATM's??

JWB

Registered
Anyone else having trouble taking out money (from a foreign account). I went to 5 different ATM's and got the same message from each, some error that the transaction couldn't be processed.

Again, using a foreign debit card to take out cash (as I have been doing for the last 9 years).

I was able to take money out at a Citibank ATM from a foreign account two hours ago.

Lee said:
I have not tried yet today but I will and let you know...

With all of these recent developments it's starting to look like they don't want us to have access to our dollars anymore...I for one say let's not spend them here anymore if that's they way they are going to play with us!

Yeah, that would be a boom to the economy, my God. If they don't want us here, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

The Citibank ATM at Sante Fe and Montevideo didn't work for me either this morning... yet it worked for me last week. Weird.
I went down the street to the Santandor Rio I think it was and used their ATM... worked!
There is nothing worse than travelling and having ATM issues... trust me I've had it happen to me all over the world in many countries.
Copenhagen for instance, is a nightmare for ATM's not working.

last weekend(fin de largo)in San Pedro,I tried 5 banks too,they were all empty apparently!!!!

rcmedia said:
There is nothing worse than travelling and having ATM issues... trust me I've it happen to me all over the world in many countries.

One of the worst days of my life was spent looking for an ATM with cash in North Sumatra, Indonesia. I never want to do that again.

El Duderino said:
One of the worst days of my life was spent looking for an ATM with cash in North Sumatra, Indonesia. I never want to do that again.

At least your to-go coffee was amazing, so you had that to keep you going.

I had this trouble a few days ago. I was told that all the Banelco ATMs are out of service until Monday and I was not able to withdraw more than 900 from a link atm.

When I get the message that the transaction cannot be processed (providing it is not that the ATM is empty of money) then I try a smaller amout and that usually works. Of course it is a nusiance as the fees are the same for the lesser sum but for all that I can still get cash.

Back