Debit Cards From Us Not Accepted By Atm's In Ba?

Nitale

Registered
I'm having problems getting pesos from local banks ATM's with US debit cards. What's the problem, it had never happened to me during the past years. Any solution? Thank you.

Try Citibank ATMs, not the Banelco ones inside a Citibank but the ones that are Citibank's ATMs.

Really, you shouldn't have problems at most banks, but there are times when there are problems. Even in problem times, the Citibank ATMs usually work.

When I lived there I had problems on several occasion with various cards sometimes it was just network issues and in few days it cleared up. Carry multiple cards If you cannot do that call your bank. A few times I had a card restricted as the banks security was alarmed by the 3rd world withdrawals or transactions so they blocked it. Made a call and wha laa cha ching.

Thank you for your replies, I'm very worried because my retirement money is my only way of surviving. I'll try Citibank's ATM although I do not have an account with that bank. Will keep you posted, thanks again.

Thank you for your replies, I'm very worried because my retirement money is my only way of surviving. I'll try Citibank's ATM although I do not have an account with that bank. Will keep you posted, thanks again.

But I think that at ATMs you are going to get the official exchange rate instead of the much better "Blue" rate. I've never used it, but I'd think you might want to look into Xoom.

Bob

I'm having problems getting pesos from local banks ATM's with US debit cards. What's the problem, it had never happened to me during the past years. Any solution? Thank you.

About a month ago I needed to use my debit card, so I went first to BBVA, then CITI, then HSBC, and all three bank ATMs responded with a message stating that my card was not valid at that ATM. The following day I went to BBVA again and was able to withdraw pesos. I have had no problems since then, although I wouldn't doubt if it may happen again, for I believe this is a system malfunction, particularly with Banelco. Nevertheless, definitely follow ElQueso's advice and use CITI ATMs only if this occurs again.

Call your bank. They may have blocked your card for security reasons, as they often do when cards are used abroad without previous notice. I agree with the suggestion to use another source of pesos (like xoom) to get a much better rate, especially since you're on a fixed income.

There are much much better ways to get your money here without using your debit card and getting only the official rate. You are losing 30% on your retirement money. PM if you want more info.

There are much much better ways to get your money here without using your debit card and getting only the official rate. You are losing 30% on your retirement money. PM if you want more info.
Holy sh###t man that is your retirement that you are throwing away. Get help. Fast

Back