Attn especially British people - I have pesos I need to change!

Vicki

Registered
Hi everyone

I have recently received my deposit back from my apartment rental here in Buenos Aires. Six months ago, I arrived and paid my deposit and rent in USD. Now I have received my deposit back in ARS and I cannot change them at the bank as I have no proof of obtaining them legally.

As I am British, my ideal solution to this problem is to find someone who is here using ATMs to get hold of pesos in cash. You could then transfer money to me online and I can give you the cash. We can work out a rate that is good for both of us... I am not just looking to benefit myself.

Alternatively I am happy to swap my pesos for cash, preferably in Pounds or Euros, but dollars would be ok too. This is much safer than giving your cash to the guys on Florida :) Or I can give you cash and you can pay me via Paypal, although this means losing some money to them in the process.

Please contact me if you can help me (and I can help you), or if you know someone who is interested.

I leave Buenos Aires in a few weeks' time.

Thanks!!!

Can i ask why you got the deposit back in peso's. All deposits i have paid in US$ i have gotten back in US$.

What rate did they give you, as the blue rate is now 6.31 to the US$, so expect people to want that rate if they are going to change your peso's.

They should give you back YOUR money. Not what suits them. They were to hold it, nothing else.

Vicki said:
Hi everyone

I have recently received my deposit back from my apartment rental here in Buenos Aires. Six months ago, I arrived and paid my deposit and rent in USD. Now I have received my deposit back in ARS and I cannot change them at the bank as I have no proof of obtaining them legally.

As I am British, my ideal solution to this problem is to find someone who is here using ATMs to get hold of pesos in cash. You could then transfer money to me online and I can give you the cash. We can work out a rate that is good for both of us... I am not just looking to benefit myself.

Alternatively I am happy to swap my pesos for cash, preferably in Pounds or Euros, but dollars would be ok too. This is much safer than giving your cash to the guys on Florida :) Or I can give you cash and you can pay me via Paypal, although this means losing some money to them in the process.

Please contact me if you can help me (and I can help you), or if you know someone who is interested.

I leave Buenos Aires in a few weeks' time.

Thanks!!!

Yeah, they screwed you by giving you pesos and they know it. I would tell them you want your USD back or threaten to go to AFIP and report. I'll wager they didn't claim and pay taxes on the rent you paid so this might scare them enough to give you the USD back...

I know they screwed me, they know they screwed me... but at the end of the day I was just happy to actually get my deposit back after all the horror stories I have read. All I want now is to change my pesos, not to cause trouble. They gave me decent rates on the rent, and I understand their reasons.

Vicki said:
I know they screwed me, they know they screwed me... but at the end of the day I was just happy to actually get my deposit back after all the horror stories I have read. All I want now is to change my pesos, not to cause trouble. They gave me decent rates on the rent, and I understand their reasons.

I hope you fine some buyers soon as the blue rate has changed alot in the last week, from 5.95 last wednesday to 6.48 today.

Back