Australia Day 2013 - Saturday 26 January

Rich-rcabroad

Registered
Hi Baexpats group. I'd like to start a discussion about Australia day 2013.
Who would be intersted in getting together and listening to the JJJ countdown and drinking a few beers!

I'll add some more details shortly. It falls on a Saturday this year!

crap, I've totally lost track of dates, it's already Aus day again.

Last year there was a bash at an irish pub in San Telmo that had a decent turnout

Im not australian but i know they love to party...so im in!

Just tell us what street. I am sure we will hear you before we see you !

So the Triple J countdown starts on:
Friday, 25 January 2013, 22:00:00 - (Midday on the 26th on the East coast of Australia)

Last year people celebrated in San Telmo? Do you remember the name of the bar?

First visited Australia in 1964 while in the USN. Unbelievable party for about five days. The best to all Australians and enjoy your day. Grateful Yank.

Ian Wooldridge on Australia:
"few years ago we colonised this place with some of our finest felons, thieves, muggers, alcoholics and prostitutes, a strain of depravity which I believe has contributed greatly to this country's amazing vigour and enterprise"

Yep last year there was something in San Telmo but I couldnt make it. On a Saturday this year, would love to be somewhere slamming back a few frothies (preferably in aluminium cans) with fellow aussies

so is it worth talking to a few bars and sorting something out? I'd personally prefer the old backyard in the Sun with the J's and beer, but that's a stretch in BsAs. I'd settle for a few Aussies and some beer and some Aussie banter. Who else would be interested?

Sounds awesome.. Love JJJ and we just got to BA and home sick already.. We are from Sydney n been travelling around Argentina for couple of weeks.. So Just let us know where n when and me n my partner are in..

Back