Australian Election - 7 Sept

• Thread starter mellowshipslinky
  • Start date
M

mellowshipslinky

So they've finally set a date -

any aussies who were here for the last one, it's fine to assume I can vote @ the embassy? the AEC haven't released any overseas locations just yet.

I got stung for missing an election before while o'seas so want to plan this one better

Two rugby championship games and the election on the same day! Will take me a week to recover.

The AEC say they will release OS polling locations closer to the election but that "Overseas voting centres are established at most Australian Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions around the world". One would assume this means the embassy here will have a polling booth, but we will have to wait a bit to confirm that.

lol was anyone watching Micallef's Mad As Hell earlier this year? It was the only Aus political coverage worth watching...

Today I voted here in BA..looks like I'll be casting a vote for someone again in Sept...what's Rudd's chances at the moment? I'm out of touch with the politics back in Oz. Hi to all the Aussies here :)

It appears that Rudd's chances are becoming slimmer by the day. Looks like we're going to end up with the Mad Monk at the helm. May the force be with us all.

Thanks Happy Camper for bringing me up to date! Wow!..I'm the last to see it.. I'm speachless....my first thought was "He's a good double! Wow! ...couldn't possibly be the well spoken, mild manered Kevin Rudd I remember!".... Incredible. He looks SCARY! HOW's OUR CHINA RELATIONS going? ...Ooohps! there goes our 'China Resources Boom'... I suppose that's what politics can do to people. Thanks for the vid. I can't believe it! :)

Back