Rubbish film. And once again another piece of hetrosexual propaganda...

EliA said:
IMAX in Vincente Lopez, at least I assume so. I'm unaware of any other 3D venue in the city.

I'm thinking about going Sunday... anyone interested? Later showing since my birthday party is the night before. (First humid birthday of my life!)

We'd love to go, but it only seems to be in Castellano. Anyone know of an ENGLISH version? 3-D of course.

dashendeavors said:
We'd love to go, but it only seems to be in Castellano. Anyone know of an ENGLISH version? 3-D of course.

Esteban Echeverría 3750 - Center Norte, B1605DT Vicente López

orwellian said:
Why heterosexual propaganda?

I just get bored of watching films about men meeting women, having an experience and then falling in love. It is constantly rammed down our throats and as a homosexual I feel isolated from the mainstream. I don´t want to be a niche. Why can´t I see well rounded homosexual characters in bid budget, mainstream media? It creates a norm that heterosexuality is the only way to be. Music is also guilty of this crime.

But don´t get me wrong I don´t have a problem watching a hetrosexual film, but it would be nice to see a film that wasn´t laced with hetrosexual undertones. And if hetrosexuality is so normal why are we exposed to messages in the media saying that it is 24/7?

Moonwitch said:
I just get bored of watching films about men meeting women, having an experience and then falling in love. It is constantly rammed down our throats and as a homosexual I feel isolated from the mainstream. I don´t want to be a niche. Why can´t I see well rounded homosexual characters in bid budget, mainstream media? It creates a norm that heterosexuality is the only way to be. Music is also guilty of this crime.

But don´t get me wrong I don´t have a problem watching a hetrosexual film, but it would be nice to see a film that wasn´t laced with hetrosexual undertones. And if hetrosexuality is so normal why are we exposed to messages in the media saying that it is 24/7?

But most people are heterosexual. Therefore romantic films tend to be heterosexual orientated. And because of the taboo with homosexuality you won't see it in mainstream culture as often as maybe you should. Although that is slowly changing. Remember Brokeback Mountain?

orwellian said:
But most people are heterosexual. Therefore romantic films tend to be heterosexual orientated. And because of the taboo with homosexuality you won't see it in mainstream culture as often as maybe you should. Although that is slowly changing. Remember Brokeback Mountain?

That is true, but with the pink pound and all you would think there would be a couple more films then there is. My big gripe is films where a hetrosexual love story is added in and doesn't add whatsoever to the story e.g. The Matrix. In fact actually most films.

And yes I remember Brokeback and it was boring as hell. That was just one film in how many released that year? It isn't enough.

It is changing, but not fast enough. The homosexuals in movies are such 2D characters. It is insulting and patronising.

Lee said:
Being gay also I can tell you the reason. Gays are a minority with estimates of 10%. Mainstream movies are made for the majority so you are going to see heterosexuality featured.

I doubt that the movie would have made as much money if the soldier had been gay and fallen in love with an other male alien...as interesting as that might have been.

:)

Yes that is true, but did it have to be a love story? The film touches of lots of other concepts which would have been far more interesting for it explore.

And homosexuals tolerate it too much. If a hetro wouldn't see a movie about homos, why should a homo see a story about hetros.

Given that this film was about as deep and meaningful as a fireworks display, I'm at a loss why anyone cares what sex or gender the 10 foot blue aliens were.

It was a really beautiful spectacle. I couldn't care less about the plot, it was amazing to see 3D for the first time. But maybe I'm just easily impressed...

Back