Ayuda Familiar

syngirl

Registered
Is anyone doing this? How did your relative give their equivalent of CDI in their country? As far as we know we need a proof of residence, but my mum called the police in Vancouver and they said they don't do this service, what can we use? Something from her tax records or what? Or is it even necessary, will her passport suffice? Thanks for the help!

Syngirl, I dont remember having to prove residence. All they wanted at the Reconquista branch of Santander Rio was proof of her identity and then proof of relationship.

I submitted the following:
- both of our birth certificates (same parents)
- her marriage certificate, as her surname had changed and her married name was that on the account. FYI this caused the central Santander Rio (not the branch) an absolute eternity to figure out. I dont think anyone there knew/realised that its common for husbands surname to be taken. The branch had to re-submit the paperwork twice and call and explain to them twice as well.

I would think a passport would suffice however I would recommend checking with your bank/branch on what they want you to provide and what would be sufficient. I have heard some dont ask for so much, some will ask for more etc. Obviously this is governed centrally by BCRA but as is normal practice everyones interpretation is different.

Thanks, I completely forgot about the name change thing. We will send to my mum so I have my birth cert so on there we have same name, but then she's remarried... So I wonder if they'd ask for a marriage cert? Tomorrow we'll go by our branch to see. How long was "an absolute eternity"? Obviously we're hoping to sort this out ASAP... Did you submit translated copies of docs? We have my birth cert translated already but are anticipating having to translate my mums docs... We shall see what happens. Thanks again

I did of my birth certificate (it was already translated for work visa) but of hers I didnt. To be honest, the name change thing I actually thought of myself so who knows whether it was actually necessary, particularly given the fuss they made. But, I just thought that something was needed to bridge the gap because otherwise according to the evidence they would see it could be anyone with the same first name. I am sure the central branch would have looked at the account name and proof of identity with a different surname and have asked for additional evidence. In hindsight I would have sent it straight through to my parents account.

Also, when I first went in there I had only been here a few months so my spanish was pretty average I am sure that didnt help either haha!

From first drop of the documents to the money arriving wasnt that long in hindsight, I think from memory it was about 6 weeks. I ended up making 3 trips to the bank that was all.

Does anybody know how much I could send via ayuda familiar as a mono tributista in the lowest category?

In the past few months they have gotten more strict with this.

At Santander, at least, they have been requiring the proof of residency in the form of an official certified document similar to the one you get here from the police department. Spent about an hour in the bank discussing with the attendent and someone she was calling on the phone (at the central bank) trying to explain to them that certificate does not exist in the US. They did not have any examples or information on what folks from the US could use. I attempted to present a notarized copy of my mom's driver's license showing her address, along with her utility and bank statements, but they did not accept it.

If anyone figures out an acceptable form, please post!

I believe the limit of what you can send a month has been lowered from $5000USD to $1500USD. My understanding is that this is in total; not $1500USD per family member.

The kicker for me was that in addition, I was telling them I will be moving out of the country and inquired on how I can repatriate my account balance to my home country, and they told me that it's up to the central bank and I would have to make my case to them in person with documentation showing my employment ending in Argentina and beginning in the US, but that they have been denying folks in that situation anyway!

I am trying to organise this too and have just been told that a bill (Eg gas or electric) with my mum's name will do to prove her residence along with my birth certificate. This is Galicia.

1. Does anyone know if Banco Hipotecario does this? Is there a law that requires all banks to offer this that I can point to when I go there?
2. A job I have direct-deposits about $2500 pesos each month to an account I have there, and I don't withdraw that cash. I have other sources of income. Would it be a problem to send that cumulative cash after 3-4 months and empty the account?
3. Can I used scanned copies of utility bills / birth certificates or do they need to be apostilled or otherwise? (I am going to the states in 3 weeks and I can try to prepare these papers)

I am going to go ask there later this week.

Thanks so much for any help on this.

1. Does anyone know if Banco Hipotecario does this? Is there a law that requires all banks to offer this that I can point to when I go there?
2. A job I have direct-deposits about $2500 pesos each month to an account I have there, and I don't withdraw that cash. I have other sources of income. Would it be a problem to send that cumulative cash after 3-4 months and empty the account?
3. Can I used scanned copies of utility bills / birth certificates or do they need to be apostilled or otherwise? (I am going to the states in 3 weeks and I can try to prepare these papers)

I am going to go ask there later this week.

Thanks so much for any help on this.

Your best bet will be to ask your bank. Yes there is a law, but they all seem to apply it differently.
As far as I know the USD 1500 limit is monthly so I doubt they would allow you to accumulate any more than that over the course of a few months. You could always ask though.

Your best bet will be to ask your bank. Yes there is a law, but they all seem to apply it differently.
As far as I know the USD 1500 limit is monthly so I doubt they would allow you to accumulate any more than that over the course of a few months. You could always ask though.

Yeah, I just mean, with the current exchange rate I'd accumulate roughly $1500 USD in 3 months, so I would do the transfer then. then after another 3 months, I'd make another. So i'd be making the transfer once every 3 months of 1500 USD or less.

Back