• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
I was wrong about everything except the one that mattered... Vamos Argentina!
argentina_flag_sm.gif

Holland didn't look so impressive today, hopefully it stays that way. Next match will be played on 9 de julio... they can't lose on 9 de julio, can they? :eek:
Argentina vs Brazil in the final. Ojala!

I was wrong about everything except the one that mattered... Vamos Argentina!
argentina_flag_sm.gif

Holland didn't look so impressive today, hopefully it stays that way. Next match will be played on 9 de julio... they can't lose on 9 de julio, can they? :eek:
Argentina vs Brazil in the final. Ojala!

But not because either team deserve it or have played well. I don't see Brazil beating Germany with or without Neymar. Not having him however, will make it much harder.

I'm late to the party to comment on yesterday's Brazil-Colombia game. I'm still learning, so bear with me, but here's what I thought:

1. WTF, ref! (But no surprise there, really.)
2. The Colombian team was terrified the whole time. Fear + a stadium full of roaring Brazilians + inexperience (only five world cups and none since '98 vs. Brazil being in every single world cup) = they were not at their best.
3. Neymar is such a drama queen that I honestly didn't think he was seriously injured until they carried him off the field. What Napoleon said, basically.
4. Team hotshot James Rodríguez is 22 years old and couldn't handle the pressure. He is a great player, but perhaps got a bit too cocky after getting so many goals in other games. Reality quickly set in--you could see it all over his face. I thought it was nice when the Brazilian guys hugged him afterwards when he was crying. Can't wait to see how he develops as a player.

I'm really happy for the Colombian people. Sports are not everything, but unfortunately the global perception of the country still mainly has to do with drugs and the like. My husband moved to Buenos Aires and it was not uncommon for Argentines to ask him tenés merca? (got any coke?) upon finding out where he was from, especially if he was out at night. He's never touched the stuff. So for once, people around the world were paying attention to Colombia for something other than that crap. It's a beautiful country that is so much more than its violent history. It's also a lot more than a selección or a soccer game. But this World Cup brought the people there so much joy, and I'm very happy for them.

I'm really happy for the Colombian people. Sports are not everything, but unfortunately the global perception of the country still mainly has to do with drugs and the like.

Colombia is a delightful country. It has even produced some talented athletes: http://tinyurl.com/p8nr29k

But not because either team deserve it or have played well. I don't see Brazil beating Germany with or without Neymar. Not having him however, will make it much harder.

More important than Neymar, no Thiago Silva.

Before the Cup started, I picked Argentina over Germany in the Final. I'm positive Germany will be there, but I don't know about Argentina. They just need to make sure the Dutch don't get away with as many studs up challenges as the Belgians did today.

I think it's anybody's tournament at this point. Both Argentina and Brazil have been consistently underwhelming. Germany and Netherlands have played well on occasion, but also shown mediocrity.

I would love to see a Brazil / Argentina final, though Germany / Netherlands is what I would bet on.

Even Argentina's own coach acknowledges that soccer's a snoozer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqXsgOJISXw

Back