• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
If Argentina wins in Maracana and get the trophy from Dilma, it will be the greatest day ever. I will shout to the world "Free at last! free at last! thank God almighty, we are free at last!"

Cristina and Angela will sit next to each other Sunday .... a jinx?

Are you on any medication for paranoia Matias? has it ran out?

read this book I told you and then talk to me.

There were dozens of matches fixed, and how did we know? because an investigation, if it were for us fans nobody would never had known...
It happens every single week end in every league, and in WC too.

one of the secrets of FIFA legitimacy is being plural, thats why they became that big world wide, because in its beginnings its a democratical sport, where everyone can win, where three poor countries of South America had became world champions. Today is much more complictaed, surely FIFA wants to give the US a WC, but they have to make it believable. Thats the future of football, Asia, the US, not South America where is no money. But it will take some time, you have south americans as founding partners, so its not that easy to get rid of. I dont think Brazil ever gonna loose its privileged position.

But we surely have the MLS competing with Europeans clubs, relegating south america.

About Messi, yes he is millionaire, but FIFA made him millionaire.
Look, he is very good playing football, but what made him the beast he is today its not only his athletic features, but the political decision of not being sold, of having the first world club behind you. They could not have sold Etoo, for instance, at age 27 and being top 10 scorer of Barca, but they did, why? political decision. They do that with every player, they just decide that their days of glory at the best club are over. They do that with every player. So if Messi got that far, is because they wanted to mantain him unlike other players that were doing it very good as him.
Having good conditions to play football is something that escapes ffrom political decisions, but the way they are presented in society, they way they are shown, is in FIFAs hands. So pretty much we see football through them. I dont believe in rankngs and all that, I believe in good players or bad players, and its pretty much they choose which one you ll see. Thats one of the (many) reasons we have too many transfers, just for everyone to have their days of glory (I mean at Barca, Real Madrid, etc). Thats also why they have always from different market nationalities. Like having a korean in Manchester United while they could find better players in the Premier League.

Stop with the freaking conspiracy theories. The games are not fixed. Player transfer is corrupt. Marketing and business side is corrupt. No one gets gifted a cup.

And basketball is not corrupt other than in the US collegiate ranks in a few places where they gift stuff to players they aren't supposed to. Yes FIFA is corrupt but the games are played without match fixing for the most part. You need to learn that not everything in life is a conspiracy or a plot. It's a horrible way to live and too many in Argentina live with that perspective.

Obviously there are fixed games in soccer as in any other professional sports. But the typical reason for fixing is sports betting and not some bogus conspiracy theory, so either the book is bullshit or you might not understand the message of it. I strongly suspect the latter as your whole argument doesn't make sense at all (if FIFA would be involved in fixing to make more profit, why the hell would the want Argentina to win and not a country with a relevant market like the US or an asian country...).

Stop with the freaking conspiracy theories. The games are not fixed. Player transfer is corrupt. Marketing and business side is corrupt. No one gets gifted a cup.

And basketball is not corrupt other than in the US collegiate ranks in a few places where they gift stuff to players they aren't supposed to. Yes FIFA is corrupt but the games are played without match fixing for the most part. You need to learn that not everything in life is a conspiracy or a plot. It's a horrible way to live and too many in Argentina live with that perspective.

If I recall correctly, there were some dirty NBA refs some years ago, but collegiate football and basketball are the real offenders. So-called "student-athletes" take up resources better destined for the academically deserving poor, and universities build state-of-the-art stadia that get used maybe half a dozen times a year even when they have better nearby options. At Berkeley, the recently rebuilt Memorial Stadium sits atop a massive earthquake fault, and has no parking so that football crowds make getting around the city impossible on autumn weekends. Coaches' salaries dwarf those of Nobel Prize winners.

read this book I told you and then talk to me.

There were dozens of matches fixed, and how did we know? because an investigation, if it were for us fans nobody would never had known...
It happens every single week end in every league, and in WC too.

Sure there is a lot of corruption in the game and players / match officials can be heavily influenced to throw certain games etc but at the end of the day its 11 v 11 and they just need to put the ball in the net to win.

Most of the corruption in betting is for silly things like the first player to put the ball out.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210882/Football-legend-Matthew-Le-Tissier-admits-10-000-Premier-League-betting-scam.html

Barcalona made Messi a millionaire not fifa, Eto'o was sold as they wanted in Zlatan or quite possibly AC Millan wanted Zlatan and he would never directly from Inter to Milan? i don't know Italian Football that well but i suspect its transfer dealings are pretty corrupt.

You also had Guardiola coming in as manager who wasn't the best of friends with Eto'o http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/294417.html

MLS is still seen as a retirement fund for older stars but that is slowly changing.

Ji-sung Park was a very good player for PSV, in the 2002 world cup he was a stand out player and was a shroud buy for Ferguson at only 4 million but he got old and was sold.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better midfielder in his days for 4 million.

Now go take your meds.

Back