• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Obviously there are fixed games in soccer as in any other professional sports. But the typical reason for fixing is sports betting and not some bogus conspiracy theory, so either the book is bullshit or you might not understand the message of it. I strongly suspect the latter as your whole argument doesn't make sense at all (if FIFA would be involved in fixing to make more profit, why the hell would the want Argentina to win and not a country with a relevant market like the US or an asian country...).

because they have to make futbol believable. And a poor country like Argentina winning is in fact making legitimacy, is the message that anyone can win (while the case is that Arg is like a founder partner of football).
If the US win the next wordl cup, I know an important number of persons who would not believe in football anymore. Me, for instance.

because they have to make futbol believable. And a poor country like Argentina winning is in fact making legitimacy, is the message that anyone can win (while the case is that Arg is like a founder partner of football).
If the US win the next wordl cup, I know an important number of persons who would not believe in football anymore. Me, for instance.

With a little good luck, the US team won't even make it to the next soccer tournament.

Sure there is a lot of corruption in the game and players / match officials can be heavily influenced to throw certain games etc but at the end of the day its 11 v 11 and they just need to put the ball in the net to win.

Most of the corruption in betting is for silly things like the first player to put the ball out.
http://www.dailymail...tting-scam.html

Barcalona made Messi a millionaire not fifa, Eto'o was sold as they wanted in Zlatan or quite possibly AC Millan wanted Zlatan and he would never directly from Inter to Milan? i don't know Italian Football that well but i suspect its transfer dealings are pretty corrupt.

You also had Guardiola coming in as manager who wasn't the best of friends with Eto'o http://www.espn.co.u...ory/294417.html

MLS is still seen as a retirement fund for older stars but that is slowly changing.

Ji-sung Park was a very good player for PSV, in the 2002 world cup he was a stand out player and was a shroud buy for Ferguson at only 4 million but he got old and was sold.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better midfielder in his days for 4 million.

Now go take your meds.

Etoo was sold very young and being a top ten scorer of barcelonas history. And they sell every year players that did play well, like this year Alexis, being the last year one of the best of the team (ask some Barca fan). Why is that, because they have to cover other markets, thats why theres always an african, thats why the Manchester United, given the growing weight they are having in Asia they hired and asian. They are big companies that manage billion dollars per year, they are no innocent "I buy the best" Of course there must be a balance and have good players...

Etoo was sold very young and being a top ten scorer of barcelonas history. And they sell every year players that did play well, like this year Alexis, being the last year one of the best of the team (ask some Barca fan). Why is that, because they have to cover other markets, thats why theres always an african, thats why the Manchester United, given the growing weight they are having in Asia they hired and asian. They are big companies that manage billion dollars per year, they are no innocent "I buy the best" Of course there must be a balance and have good players...

And Eto'o fell out with the incoming manager who wanted his own team and own way of playing. As for Alexis, Suarez is on his way to Barca and Arsenal are in dire need of a new Van Persie.

They (and by they i mean the Manchester United board) might have sugested signing Park to Ferguson to help promote the club in Korea (Japanese/Chinese etc fans couldn't give a fuck where a Korean international is playing.) but you can place good money on Ferguson having the final say on who plays and signs for the Man U first team.

What Park helped Man U win.

And if you think Park wasn't a good world class player you obviously never saw him play.

In his 2013 autobiography, 'I Think Therefore I Play', Andrea Pirlo wrote that Park, who was deployed to man-mark him in matches for both PSV and Manchester United in the Champions League, was the one player that he could not get the better of. Pirlo wrote of Park, "The midfielder must have been the first nuclear-powered South Korean in history, in the sense that he rushed about the pitch at the speed of an electron."[sup][73][/sup]

If Argentina wins in Maracana and get the trophy from Dilma, it will be the greatest day ever. I will shout to the world "Free at last! free at last! thank God almighty, we are free at last!"

I agree with you, but I'm still not sure who is free nor whom we/you/they are.

Romero, what balls!
Man of the match.

Romero really came through in the clutch, but...

THIS GUY was the "Man of the Match".

10547700_10152519641792209_6150342522239958485_n.jpg

When I lived in Mexico, the Mexicans were sure that everything is a conspiracy. I'm not kidding, everyone believed that that the NASA Apollo moon landing was a conspiracy by the US government. 9/11 was also a conspiracy. Now they are all claiming that there was conspiracy against them to oust them from the world cup. It's easy to blame others for your own problems. I think that many many times, conspiracy theories are just that, a nice way to blame someone else for the problems of the individual, nation, or sports team.

Let's all just bathe in the warm glow of knowing that Argentina are in the final and the dream is still alive.

Back