• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Sorry Matias, but this is just delusions of grandeur. FIFA only cares about money, most of which comes from Europe. So, if your paranoid fantasies were true, then they would "bestow" to cup to a European team. That's where the money is. NOT Argentina. Or for that matter, the US, which for FIFA is an as yet untapped goldmine of licensing and advertising.

Also, your last paragraph doesn't make any sense. Players like Messi are millionaires only because their bosses make enough money to pay them and the rest of the team. Just because you see Messi's face on the billboards don't be fooled into thinking that he is the one in control.

one of the secrets of FIFA legitimacy is being plural, thats why they became that big world wide, because in its beginnings its a democratical sport, where everyone can win, where three poor countries of South America had became world champions. Today is much more complictaed, surely FIFA wants to give the US a WC, but they have to make it believable. Thats the future of football, Asia, the US, not South America where is no money. But it will take some time, you have south americans as founding partners, so its not that easy to get rid of. I dont think Brazil ever gonna loose its privileged position.

But we surely have the MLS competing with Europeans clubs, relegating south america.

About Messi, yes he is millionaire, but FIFA made him millionaire.
Look, he is very good playing football, but what made him the beast he is today its not only his athletic features, but the political decision of not being sold, of having the first world club behind you. They could not have sold Etoo, for instance, at age 27 and being top 10 scorer of Barca, but they did, why? political decision. They do that with every player, they just decide that their days of glory at the best club are over. They do that with every player. So if Messi got that far, is because they wanted to mantain him unlike other players that were doing it very good as him.
Having good conditions to play football is something that escapes ffrom political decisions, but the way they are presented in society, they way they are shown, is in FIFAs hands. So pretty much we see football through them. I dont believe in rankngs and all that, I believe in good players or bad players, and its pretty much they choose which one you ll see. Thats one of the (many) reasons we have too many transfers, just for everyone to have their days of glory (I mean at Barca, Real Madrid, etc). Thats also why they have always from different market nationalities. Like having a korean in Manchester United while they could find better players in the Premier League.

one of the secrets of FIFA legitimacy is being plural, thats why they became that big world wide, because in its beginnings its a democratical sport, where everyone can win, where three poor countries of South America had became world champions. Today is much more complictaed, surely FIFA wants to give the US a WC, but they have to make it believable. Thats the future of football, Asia, the US, not South America where is no money. But it will take some time, you have south americans as founding partners, so its not that easy to get rid of. I dont think Brazil ever gonna loose its privileged position.

But we surely have the MLS competing with Europeans clubs, relegating south america.

About Messi, yes he is millionaire, but FIFA made him millionaire.
Look, he is very good playing football, but what made him the beast he is today its not only his athletic features, but the political decision of not being sold, of having the first world club behind you. They could not have sold Etoo, for instance, at age 27 and being top 10 scorer of Barca, but they did, why? political decision. They do that with every player, they just decide that their days of glory at the best club are over. They do that with every player. So if Messi got that far, is because they wanted to mantain him unlike other players that were doing it very good as him.
Having good conditions to play football is something that escapes ffrom political decisions, but the way they are presented in society, they way they are shown, is in FIFAs hands. So pretty much we see football through them. I dont believe in rankngs and all that, I believe in good players or bad players, and its pretty much they choose which one you ll see. Thats one of the (many) reasons we have too many transfers, just for everyone to have their days of glory (I mean at Barca, Real Madrid, etc). Thats also why they have always from different market nationalities. Like having a korean in Manchester United while they could find better players in the Premier League.

Are you on any medication for paranoia Matias? has it ran out?

edit: I'm not trying to take the piss i'm genuinely worried for you.

Back