• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Germany is strong but overrated. The USA has no shot of advancing. Spain will do well, Argentina will do well, but whoever beats Brazil will win. I hope it's Argentina so we can all celebrate like crazy.
Respectfully desagree. Never underestimate Germany. I can bet some coins on USA beating Portugal.

Thanks for enlightening the 3.5billion people who love the sport, now you`ve told us can you shut up about it. thanks

While those "3.5 billion" people may be misguided, they're mostly harmless - except, of course, for the barras.

All that said, I would highly recommend a visit to Boca's museum, which does a great job of putting soccer in its social context (except, of course, for the issue of the barras - when I asked about that, one of the museum officials told me, in effect, that "Some topics we can't touch").

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/05/28/goldman-sachs-predicts-the-world-cup-winner/

Canada is going to make it to the finals where it will stage a dramatic upset of Argentina. Out of an unaccustomed sense of humiliation, Argentina will replace dulce de leche with maple syrup as the national sweetener.

team-canada-soccer-betting.jpg

Italy: the usual soap opera. Will keep popping on the headlines for some tragic event, rigorously outside the field. Maybe the commentary of a player, the physical features of one of the wives, the exaggerate reaction of the trainer. Else, everything will be about what the players are fed with comment of the chef.
Nobody will notice they are not even making to the quarters, until the very last game, where a miracle will happen and they will actually make it.

After that, they will be a new team for a couple of games, and we will lose them by the Semi-finals.
Well done, mates.

England: they will keep calling themselves just England, because England = UK, whatever they say the Scottish and Welsh folks. Everybody will be talking about how much they drink, but they will overdo everybody else and will make it to the Quarters. Sad enough, we will lose them very soon, too.

Any African team: will break our heart with stories of struggle and will play damn well - however, there are just a few very good, not enough against some European team of born and bred soccer players. In our heart, we want them to win or at least make it to the Semi-finals, but we will lose them on the first round. Sorry. See you next time.

USA: they participate (?) because they are one of the largest economy, and we know them: they must piss everywhere, even on soccer. After a pitiful show of muscles, they will keep telling everybody that their national sport is American football, and soccer is out of fashion. Move to the next trend, please.

Canada: they are there just to face the US, we all want to. Sadly, never gonna happen. They are better (the best!) at Ice Hockey, though. We all know by now and we love your maple syrup, folks! Sorry!

Portugal: I'll just wait for Ronaldo to take his shirt off. And hopefully his shorts, too.

Semi-finalists: Argentina, Spain, Brazil and Germany will be the final contenders. And Spain will win!

Ribéry (best French player) won't play the WC :(

The French team is going to be very young, and surprising (main goal = prepared for the Euro 2016)

Ribéry (best French player) won't play the WC :(

The French team is going to be very young, and surprising (main goal = prepared for the Euro 2016)

Without Ribery and Nasri, Frances chances are cut in half.

Ok genres. Please give your perspectives as where Japan can end up.
So I can broadcast to the rising sun's football fanatiques as to what the expats neighboring to Brazil are predicating.

Back