BA Hash House Harriers Next Run December 5th

Liam3494

Registered
All are welcome to this weekends (Sunday) Hash run organised by the BA Hash House Harriers. Here are the full details, it's slightly out of town, but VERY easy to get to, and a splendid time will be had by all. If you have any questions just post them here, or PM me.

Buenos Aires Hash # 528

The FIRST EVER Avellaneda Hash. Yes, after 527 hashes in and around the city and province, the hash is venturing into unknown territory, with a trip into Avellaneda... Now don't be scared, we don't bite here, at least not often, (but the mosquito's might so bring OFF if it's hot!), and it really isn't that far from the city centre. It really is just the other side of Boca, over the bridge and you're here. We checked and there are no dragons left, and I hope you will all be pleasantly surprised by what Avellaneda has to offer, so come along and be ready for some fun in the sun.

Date: Sunday 5th December

Hares: Inspector Assets, Tongue y Lingus, Pussy Galore and Qualified Semen

Time: Meet 11am Run 11:30

To Bring: Beer mug, plate, eating utensils, Hash Fee AR$20, OFF,

Location: Avellaneda..... Solier 2585, between O'Higgins and Independencia

Coming By Car: Head southward from destinations in the north. As I don't drive, I would recommend 9 de Julio and follow that directly towards Avellaneda, on the Autopista 9 de Julio. Cross the Pueyrredon Bridge, and follow the road into Avellaneda on to Belgrano. Carry on down Belgrano for 1.5 Km, until you come to a roundabout. Turn right, then immeadiately left, it's the continuation of Belgrano, going underneath the railway line. Continue down Belgrano about 9 blocks, then turn right at Independencia, heading up this street to the T-Junction at the end (two blocks), turning right onto Solier, and the house is on the left, just across the first side street.

Here are directions from The Obelisco from Google Maps, which should help.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...58.355556&sspn=0.015387,0.027595&ie=UTF8&z=12

Public Transport Users -
The best way to get here is by Collectivo, Number 24... which leaves at numerous points from the capital It drops you off less than a block from the house. - Ask the driver to drop you off on Belgrano, at the junction of O'Higgins, walk up O'Higgins, across Rivadavia and when you reach the T-junction with Solier, turn left, and the house is 20 yards down the road - You'll spot it! On a sunday morning, the bus journey will only take 20/25 minutes from Avenida de Mayo.

NJtoBsAs said:
Anyone planning to drive and have room left in the car?

Obviously a lot would depend on where you were coming from.

I really do recommend the Collectivo. It's only AR$1.25 on the bus from the centre of town, and if others without a car want to club together, a Taxi from San Telmo will only cost AR$30 pesos, give or take small change - I know, I regularly take a cab home from Frinks.

Liam3494 said:
Obviously a lot would depend on where you were coming from.

I really do recommend the Collectivo. It's only AR$1.25 on the bus from the centre of town, and if others without a car want to club together, a Taxi from San Telmo will only cost AR$30 pesos, give or take small change - I know, I regularly take a cab home from Frinks.
you can remember that????:eek:

Given the weather forecast (good), I would also recommend some sunscreen for those who are fair of skin. We have got extra beer to replenish you afterwards....

Back