BA Hash House Harriers Next Run Sunday Jan 2nd

Liam3494

Registered
Happy New Year to all those interested in the Hash House Harriers, and our next run, the first for 2011 will take place this Sunday, January 2nd, so what better way to start the year, and your New Year Resolution to get fitter, or simply to walk/run off your New Year Hangover, and start another one.

This will be the 530th Hash run in Buenos Aires, and has a sub-title of the "Remember" HAsh - So, if you have something old, maybe a t-shirt from your youth that has been lining the drawer at home, an old race shirt would count, or, if you are an old hasher then you will surely have an Old Hash shirt in the back of the cupboard.

To all the hashers who keep those, strange pair of Hash Socks, from a hash of another Century/ and ancient foreing culture.

To all the hashers who sometime, somewhere had to take "WATER" to keep ther bodys alive till reaching the down downs!

History, strange Hash HAberdashery! worn out shorts!

This is your Chance!

Bring your lousiest running shoes and all that stuff that more than one time you think " I should drop this somewhere environmentaly safe.

To the Hashers who still have "Kunne & Nagel" t-shirts, or those ugly yellow "Sin Esposas" model, or strange hash items, bought a long time ago when you lived abroad!

Bring all that Stuff and lets make a "Remember" Hash.

Don't worry if you have never hashed before, just don't wear your sunday best, but come along and enjoy the fun in the sun in San Isidro this Sunday - Here are the directions and full details......

Date - Sunday 2nd Jannuary
Time 11.00am - prompt run at 11.30
Venue - San Isidro, calle Pacheco y Juan dìas de solis, (parking Lot)... ((((Yes, the run will start from a parking lot, and there will be cars available to store bags etc...)))))

Bring: mug, (Yes, bring your own mug, the pewter one, the glass one, the wooden & aluminiun inside conmemorative mug). May be useful to bring a plate, and something to eat with, but most of all, bring yourself!

Cost: $25 (Includes, run, beer, food etc...... - Not a bad price for a fun day out)

Competition: the most "Remember" hasher will be honoured with a Down Down!

NB - Not sure what a Down Down is? Well, you will be after Sunday :).....

REMEMBER - Hashing is not competitive it's a social gathering of like minded souls, who enjoy beer, running/walking, good company.

This Event is brought to you by the Buenos Aires Hash House Hahhiers, the Drinking Club, with a Running Problem......

Directions
Train

(http://maps.google.com.ar/maps?f=d&...90567&sspn=0.011638,0.022724&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16)

From Retiro on Mitre line towards Tigre.
Get off at Martinez, cross tracks and turn right head up Eduardo Costa (SE). After 4 blocks turn left on Pacheco. After 11 blocks you are there. look right at the Parking Lot across the Tracks.

Car

http://maps.google.com.ar/maps?f=d&...80064&sspn=0.005819,0.011362&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

From Centro head up Libertador for northern suburbs. Through Olivos, to Martinez.Turn right at Pacheco (from Capital, five blocks after Parana), cross rail tracks. And You too are There!

If anyone needs further information, please PM me, or post a question.....

As long as I don't have a last minute work thing (babysitting adults and telling them about the city), I'm IN!!

Today the 8 Polish people I was working with wanted to make their first beer stop at 11:20am. If they weren't flying to Iguazu on Sunday morning, I'd bring them along. Maybe they're just Hashers out of season, but still trying to "stay in shape".

Nos vemos

It's mighty early on a Sunday morning but we'll be there (I hope).

It's never too early on a Sunday Morning to enjoy a run (and a beer).... :).... Think of it as a hangover cure, or simply don't go to bed and see it as another stop on teh road to hell :)

well, we had a great time again,by the river in Martinez.Even my boys took their bikes(although one of them decided to walk the course-he slept well after)we were about 20 and it was a lovely sunny morning with anice soft river breeze.here,s to the next oone..cheers Howard.ps have a good trip home Liam....see you when you,re back

I was just reading this about the "Ides of March".

The Ides of March is celebrated every year by the Rome Hash House Harriers with a toga run in the streets of Rome, in the same place where Julius Caesar was killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March

You know that we have a Plaza Roma in Buenos Aires. (Alem between Lavalle & Tucuman)

Perhaps a toga run around the middle of march could be in order.

Napoleon said:
I was just reading this about the "Ides of March".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March

You know that we have a Plaza Roma in Buenos Aires. (Alem between Lavalle & Tucuman)

Perhaps a toga run around the middle of march could be in order.

Well, around that time it's also St Patricks Day, and as the hash has a number of Irish origined ex-pats, we have a St Patricks Day Hash - where Green is the attire.

We also have an annual Red Dress Run, where, yes you guessed it, everyone wears a Red Dress - including all the guys... We have the pics from last years to prove it.

But we are always looking for mad ideas to act as the them for our Hashes, and maybe we can think about a Toga Run one year... Sounds a good one...

Look forward to you making the Hash soon...

On On

Back