The Cheapest Civilized Country in the World (Doug Casey's take)

I cannot think of a less reliable source for financial advice.
Jim Cramer would like to slur some words in response.

Regardless, I like Doug a lot. Thanks for the link, Steve.
All things considered, i would suppose/hope many on this forum are fans of Doug.

I am an unapolgetic Peronist. This guy is an Anarcho-Capitalist- that means he is against government, community, public schools, public health, public transportation, all taxes, fire departments, police departments, public roads, and pretty much everything else that makes life possible for anybody but the gun toting rich.
He is a despicable human being, and his "economic" policies will only lead to chaos and madness. He also inherited a boatload of money, so he can lose money on crypto, gold, and foolish investments, and still be richer than all of us.
but hey, if you like him, thats your business.

"civilized country"

He's saying the quiet part out loud I see...

There are no "uncivilized" countries on Earth which makes me skeptical of this guy in the first place from the title alone.

There are countries that have competing levels of development both economically and vis a vis HDI rankings, and some countries don't have a monopoly on violence or are semi or fully failed states, i.e. Somalia or Yemen; Libya, Burma, or Syria depending on the city/province, etc. but acting like we still live in the era of the Berlin Conference is truly self revealing.

"civilized country"

He's saying the quiet part out loud I see...

There are no "uncivilized" countries on Earth which makes me skeptical of this guy in the first place from the title alone.

There are countries that have competing levels of development both economically and vis a vis HDI rankings, and some countries don't have a monopoly on violence or are semi or fully failed states, i.e. Somalia or Yemen; Libya, Burma, or Syria depending on the city/province, etc. but acting like we still live in the era of the Berlin Conference is truly self revealing.
I think by ”civilized” most rich libertarians mean “white”.

He has said, "You've got to be a speculator today. It's no longer possible to work hard and save your money and get ahead in life."[7]

(source: Wikipedia). I had never heard of him but the quote above seems correct, sorry to say.

This is a guy who inherited millions from his father. His dad, a convicted tax dodger, made millions on sweetheart government contracts before ww2, building many government buildings in Washington DC. So the money came from taxpayers, he is against paying taxes, and he tells us that working is a fools errand. those of us who were not born rich find this ironic…

This is a guy who inherited millions from his father. His dad, a convicted tax dodger, made millions on sweetheart government contracts before ww2, building many government buildings in Washington DC. So the money came from taxpayers, he is against paying taxes, and he tells us that working is a fools errand. those of us who were not born rich find this ironic…

I believe that the topic was on Argentina and if it is a great investment currently . I cannot understand how that the writers father history has any relavance to this.

Back