Argentina isn't the cheapest

Add up everything in life......I'll bet that Argentina is the cheapest place....unless you can live without running water....It is cheaper than the Philippines, D.R., Mexico, Colombia, Thailand, C.R.

Please its certainly not cheaper than the phillipines as food prices ,rental prices, cars furniture , clothing are double in us dollars than anywhere in that country

Add up everything in life......I'll bet that Argentina is the cheapest place....unless you can live without running water....It is cheaper than the Philippines, D.R., Mexico, Colombia, Thailand, C.R.
Yes, it's very cheap in Argentina. Even if Argentina ever could truly dollarize (I don't see that happening anytime soon). It won't be expensive like it was before.

I'm not sure if Argentina is cheaper than Bangkok. I was just there not long ago and it was very very very very cheap. If it weren't for the horrible hot and humid weather it would be great. I took a family of 5 to eat a delicious and fresh meal and it was only around $20 US. No where even in Buenos Aires you can eat that cheap. Some places like Terminal 21 upstairs in the food court where you had fabulous food that was really fresh we had meals for as low as $12 for the 5 of us.

Things like 1 hour massage in Bangkok (and much of Thailand) I was paying $6 US per hour. In Buenos Aires I pay $10 per hour at a comparable place.

In Buenos Aires at most places were were still spending on average about $70 US dollars for the 5 of us by the time you added up appetizers, main entre, drinks and dessert.

Some of these places this guy is saying are affordable, aren't really that affordable. Colombia isn't really cheap. And he mentions Cali which is a complete DUMP. No one would want to live there. Colombia things are expensive. Food isn't too cheap, electricty is expensive. He mentions Cartagena which is way overpriced. I find most cities in Colombia to be a dump.

Argentina is VERY cheap and the quality of life is amazing here. Especially Buenos Aires. NOT a place to live if you have to make money here but if RETIREMENT is where you want to live, I don't think it gets any better. I've been to over 575+ cities around the world. About 125 countries. Buenos Aires is amazing to retire to.

Last edited:
Please its certainly not cheaper than the phillipines as food prices ,rental prices, cars furniture , clothing are double in us dollars than anywhere in that country
I just came from 8 months in Makati across the street from the Green Belt.....to put it gently.....you do not know what you are talking about. Medical expenses at Makati Medical are 3 times Hospital Aleman....both JCI hospitals. Apples were more than one dollar apiece. I could go on and on...no reason to. Blue dollar of course.

I just came from 8 months in Makati across the street from the Green Belt.....to put it gently.....you do not know what you are talking about. Medical expenses at Makati Medical are 3 times Hospital Aleman....both JCI hospitals. Apples were more than one dollar apiece. I could go on and on...no reason to. Blue dollar of course.

Food and rentals the most important costs are less than half the price in Manila than in Buenos Aires .. Somethings are cheaper here in Argentina but many things are much more expensive !

I think it's a balancing act. Some things are cheaper, some are more expensive, some are the same.

The example I always give is how often are you buying an iPhone vs taking the subway. On ML it's $1,072 for an iPhone 14 vs. $699 in the US, yet the subway is 11¢ here vs. $2.90 in NYC. For almost everything, it will be cheaper here, and for the things that are more expensive, you're likely not buying them everyday.

Are there countries to live that are cheaper than Argentina? Sure, perhaps Laos or Rwanda, but your quality of life will be different too.

All these cases assume you have your earnings in dollars, and should Argentina dollarize (again, something I doubt) we can expect the cost of everything here to go up, but it will still be cheaper, it just won't be a steal like it is now.

Yes, it's very cheap in Argentina. Even if Argentina ever could truly dollarize (I don't see that happening anytime soon). It won't be expensive like it was before.

I'm not sure if Argentina is cheaper than Bangkok. I was just there not long ago and it was very very very very cheap. If it weren't for the horrible hot and humid weather it would be great. I took a family of 5 to eat a delicious and fresh meal and it was only around $20 US. No where even in Buenos Aires you can eat that cheap. Some places like Terminal 21 upstairs in the food court where you had fabulous food that was really fresh we had meals for as low as $12 for the 5 of us.

Things like 1 hour massage in Bangkok (and much of Thailand) I was paying $6 US per hour. In Buenos Aires I pay $10 per hour at a comparable place.

In Buenos Aires at most places were were still spending on average about $70 US dollars for the 5 of us by the time you added up appetizers, main entre, drinks and dessert.

Some of these places this guy is saying are affordable, aren't really that affordable. Colombia isn't really cheap. And he mentions Cali which is a complete DUMP. No one would want to live there. Colombia things are expensive. Food isn't too cheap, electricty is expensive. He mentions Cartagena which is way overpriced. I find most cities in Colombia to be a dump.

Argentina is VERY cheap and the quality of life is amazing here. Especially Buenos Aires. NOT a place to live if you have to make money here but if RETIREMENT is where you want to live, I don't think it gets any better. I've been to over 575+ cities around the world. About 125 countries. Buenos Aires is amazing to retire to.
The problem is that Argentina is unpredictable. Other less developed countries have more consistent prices and less volatility.

Back