BA, Montevideo, Sao Paulo or Santiago

Hockey_Nut said:
To live....

Taking investment aside (I'd then recommend Brazil); It depends on many factors, two easy ones are age and budget:

I haven't lived in Santiago or Sao Paulo so:

to the younger end: Buenos Aires definitely, for the aforementioned reasons.
to the more experienced end: Uruguay nor strictly Montevideo is the most perfect place to go.

Budget:
Lower: Buenos Aires.
Higher: Uruguay - even if young but can cross the river at will, you'll find Uruguay has none of the nuisances B.A. imposes, girls are just as pretty but a lot less snooty, and you can cross over to "the city" for 100USD .

cricri58 said:
Is laziness a virtue in Buenos Aires?

With average salaries of about 600 dollar with little or no progress who wants to work if you don´t need to or can work abroad?

Hockey_Nut said:
With average salaries of about 600 dollar with little or no progress who wants to work if you don´t need to or can work abroad?

That was the most concise economic assessment I've ever heard in these Pampas

Matt84 said:
Taking investment aside (I'd then recommend Brazil); It depends on many factors, two easy ones are age and budget:

I haven't lived in Santiago or Sao Paulo so:

to the younger end: Buenos Aires definitely, for the aforementioned reasons.
to the more experienced end: Uruguay nor strictly Montevideo is the most perfect place to go.

Budget:
Lower: Buenos Aires.
Higher: Uruguay - even if young but can cross the river at will, you'll find Uruguay has none of the nuisances B.A. imposes, girls are just as pretty but a lot less snooty, and you can cross over to "the city" for 100USD .

I think the girls in Montevideo in general are beautifull as well and the ´gato´ type girl does not even exist

In Montevideo the woman in general go out when they are older then in BA. If you are getting to old for the club/bars in BA I think Montevideo can be a nice spot.

Hockey_Nut said:
I hated Rio and never go back, In Lima I would move around in a very small group of well-offs and there is too much poverty for my taste. I haven´t been to Caracas or Bogota but from what I heard they are probally just places to visit but not to live

Just discovered this thread.

Great discussion for someone like me who isn't "locked" into anything in BA or elsewhere yet..

I've never been to Rio (or anywhere in Brazil) -- what did you not like about it?

I've heard Caracas is rough. I like this guy's travel writings -- check out this article:

http://www.dcbachelor.com/venezuela-urban-hell

Here's something else he's written on the most dangerous spots in South America:

http://www.rooshv.com/most-dangerous-south-american-countries

This may have answered my question (at least partially) on why Rio isn't so great.

I may check out different spots in Colombia in the next 1-2 years. I hear conflicting things about it, so it might be best to see it live and come to my own conclusions..

Back