BA Spanish Immersion

I noticed that you used the word "immersion" in the title of your thread, but then you only asked about Spanish schools in BA.

I am not criticizing your choice of terms, but I simply would like to say that if you ever desire "serious" Spanish immersion that you "consider" doing what I did:

Move somewhere in Argentina where no one speaks your native language.

After almost 18 months I have gone from being somewhat "mute" to being able to talk with everyone in the "village" where I live!

My grammar is far from perfect and my vocabulary is still quite limited (compared to the locals), but this has been one of the best experiences of my life.

I never cease to be gratified how warmly the locals have welcomed me and are willing to help in any way they can.

I'm the first (and still the only) Yanki here. :)

Like nikad says: "Don't dream it. Be it."

Heya Amy,

I have spent a little time in a few of the big schools of BsAs and to be honest, i wasnt a fan. If you are here for a while like me then the bigger schools turn over students too quickly, and you never really get to know anyone. I am now studying with a private teacher, in a small class (4students) in a beauful flat in recoleta. I love it, all the students are here for at least 6 months, so you learn continiously at the same pace, with the same people, in a great atmosphere. We also make our own empanadas for lunch (included) :)

We are about to lose a couple of students, but at the same time 2 new ones are starting on monday, who will be with us for 3-4 months. The cost is the cheapest ive seen, $125 a week for 2 hours a day monday to friday from 1045am to 1245pm

Let me know if youd like to come for a trail run on monday to see if you like it.

Hasta pronto

Chris

Back