Back To Uk On Old Dni

Gringoboy

Registered
I managed to get through passport control at Eze with my old DNI booklet, but not without the fifth degree and we agreed that I'm a naughty boy and I should get the card version on my return next month.
On a side note, the Iberia flight to Madrid was half empty, so loads of room to stretch out, but I wouldn't recommend the grub.
And Oh boy, what a culture shock to be back in England.

You're a brave man, flying Iberia. I suppose the non-existant standards help empty the planes out.

The food would make a lifer hanker for a death row dinner.

Enjoy blighty, hoped you packed yer woolies.

Here's a thing: can they actually *stop* you from leaving if you don't have a "insert local requirement here"?

I tend to get a tiny bit miffed when they ask for my DNI on the way out. Granted I've never said no, but I've been sorely tempted more than once :S

I think that I read that the issue of the new DNI has been extended by 6 months. Am I right?
I applied for mine in Villa Maria, CBA. and received mine in just 3 weeks!

Actually I had been given to believe, can't remember where, that for extranjeros, the old booklet remained valid. Seems logical to me, for people who have residence but aren't currently resident in the country. What else are they supposed to do?

Many have actually returned to take care of this, according to my lawyer!

Well, the passport official slapped me about a bit and then I turned the tables by asking if she spoke English, which, yes she did and is emigrating to England next year with her English husband and that info kind of hit the sweet spot for me, resulting in mirth.
We parted best of friends when she told me how wonderful England is. I like a happy ending.

Back