Please Help - Old Dni - Trip To Us

muddy_helmet

Registered
I missed my appointment for the new DNI yesterday because of an emergency at work. I have a permanent residency/non-mercosur old booklet dni. I'm supposed to be traveling with my son to visit family in California in July. From everything I see, the old booklet will no longer be valid after June 30, and you won't be able to exit the country without the new dni.

I'm sure I could get another appointment before mid-July, but not sure the DNI would get to me on time.

Is there any way to pay and expedite the process?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I going to be legally prohibited from leaving the country from June 30th until they mail me the new DNI?

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I'd be supremely appreciative.

(I'm in capital, as is the address in my old dni).

The new DNI is the only one accepted since January 1, 2015, so it is strange that you've been able to get along without it. Make another appointment online for the new DNI.

Use your USA passport for leaving the country in July. You can't enter the USA with a DNI.

The new DNI is the only one accepted since January 1, 2015, so it is strange that you've been able to get along without it. Make another appointment online for the new DNI.

Use your USA passport for leaving the country in July. You can't enter the USA with a DNI.

Not true. The deadline was extended to the end of June. There have been several threads discussing this.

The problem is leaving/entering Argentina without a new DNI. I am a US citizen, Arg permanent resident. My son's documents are in order, we've gone many times. Due to *two* emergencies beyond my control, I missed my last two appointments. Both times the online site gave me an appointment 6-8 weeks out; I've been trying to take care of this for months. I noticed in another thread someone saying they recently got an appointment within a matter of days, but that wasn't my case. I leave mid-July.

Can the new DNI process be expedited?

Is there any way to exit the country after June 30 if you don't have a new DNI in hand?

From everything I see, the old booklet will no longer be valid after June 30, and you won't be able to exit the country without the new dni.

Did you actually see this? If so, please cite the source.

I seriously dobut this could happen. You have a valid passport and unless you have been accused of a crime there should be no reason to deny your departure (or even your reentry) without the new DNI.

PS: Be sure to have the proper documentation if your son is a minor.

PS: I seriously dobut this would happen.

The official FAQ sure makes it seems that way.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/index_mobile.php?faq
  • 2 - Sirve el DNI bordó (o marrón) manuscrito para extranjeros para egresar del país?
Sí; el DNI marrón o bordó manuscrito vigente (ya sea que tenga una residencia temporaria o permanente) es válido hasta el 30/06/2015 (Resolución ReNaPer N° 3.117/14).​

1. 24 - SALIDA DEL PAÍS CON EL DNI NUEVO EN TRÁMITE
La constancia de DNI en trámite NO es documento hábil para egresar del país.​

PS: I seriously dobut this would happen.

Even if that were true, as a U.S. Citizen you can travel (leave)on your passport, as suggested, and re-enter as a tourist. But you might have to pay the online tourist reciprocity fee when you re-enter. I'd definately keep the booklet with you however. I'm thinking whether there could be issues with overstay fees at this end is all...

Even if that were true, as a U.S. Citizen you can travel (leave)on your passport, as suggested, and re-enter as a tourist. But you might have to pay the online tourist reciprocity fee when you re-enter. I'd definately keep the booklet with you however. I'm thinking whether there could be issues with overstay fees at this end is all...

As Jantango, Steveinbsas and you now seem to say, US citizens *ought to* be able to leave with a US passport. Immigration officials at EZE told me this was not the case, the migraciones.gov site also seems to imply this is not the case. There are different laws about entering/exiting the country once one has acquired permanent residency. My US passport has plenty of stamps indicating that I'm a permanent resident, so I could not pretend to be a tourist with my current passport.

In a previous post I posted a link to the migraciones site suggesting I wouldn't be able to leave without a new dni.

When I traveled out of Argentina 3 weeks ago I asked at immigrations about entering Argentina if I lose my new DNI while abroad, and they said I could still enter wth the old DNI booklet.

Back