Bad Smell In The Apartment

BankNote

Registered
Hey guys,

Seeking your opinion yet again.

Was away most of last month. Came back home after 10 days and found that my fridge had gone off and all the meat in it decayed like really badly.

The smell was so strong that it can not described!

I called my maid who cleaned the kitchen and fridge for 4-5 hours with sodium bicarbonate.

Then I again went away for a week. And came back today and the smell is exactly the same and still there.

--

My question - Any professional service in BA who can help?

Any other suggestions? Even the neighbors are complaining!

thanks in advance

I don't like to deliver bad news, but if the "juice" from that rotting meat found its way to seams or tiny cracks in your fridge, you will need to replace it. After Hurricane Katrina, you may remember the news footage of street after street, lined with duct tape-sealed refrigerators waiting to be collected. The liquid dripping through them from rotting meat, shrimp, crawfish and fish just could not be cleaned out.

Another thing you could try, is having the main kitchen drain professionally snaked, if it's not that clear the smell from the stuff washed down it could be just sitting there.

Make sure she cleaned below the vegetable crisper if you have one at the bottom. I had the same thing happen to me and finally figured out after cleaning it twice that there was a puddle of absolutely foul smelling liquid behind/below the crisper at the bottom that no one had cleaned. Also - have you unplugged it, pulled everything out and cleaned with bleach? Sodium bicarbonate is all well and good but you need to kill anything that may be growing.

Maybe stupid question, but you left it open this week you were away? If you cleaned it well with some serious things and left it on air, smell should go away, is not impossible. I know, since worked in second hand shop for electrodomésticos and this were the best deals - people giving good stuff away for no money, you just had to clean it and left open for awhile...

Ps: If it's some old cheap Patrick, better to sell it and buy new, since quite possibly you will notice bad "smell" even when there won't be any. Head is funny sometimes.

Make sure to clean the drip tray behind the fridge.

Yes, that was the problem!!!!

I had cleaned the whole house and the fridge last time except the drip tray.

Today, I cleaned the drip tray..it was full of putrid liquid!

then I have put jars of coffee powder all over the house, charcoal and sodium bicarbonate in the fridge, washed the house with lemon, cleaned the fridge with vinegar.

hopefully all will be well now.

will report in 2-3 days

--

my fridge was brand new..the transformer had failed.

Coffee beans and vanilla. That's what they use in the butchers' vans and that's what we used when the same thing happened to us. Still took an age to put right, though. Plus, you end up wondering whether the smell of vanilla is the same smell as rotting meat.

Ok,

things have improved 33% after 24 hours.

I changed the coffee powder brand..and things are better. I also sprayed lysoform all over.

Will keep you guys updated.

Back