Bad bus service

hankscott

Registered
Is there a way to file a complaint about bus service? Today I was in a long line of people on Gascon at the corner of Corrientes waiting for collective 160. Collectivo 168 also stops there. In 28 minutes, four 168s stopped there. After 30 minutes the 160 finally arrived and was empty and refused to let anyone board. We have to call out the operator of this line for poor customer service

You might want to check the actual bus schedule first and look into any extenuating circumstances before you make a complaint but every bus has a big notice with a phone number for complaints printed on it

Unfortunately I now can’t view the number because the bus doesn’t arrive. I’m now headed home in a taxi after waiting 20 minutes at another stop for the 160. Five 110 collectivos have stopped

Is there a way to make a formal complaint about bus lines and the drivers? Yes. I've have filed complaints many times and they go nowhere.

You have to make a note of the time you traveled on the bus, the number of the bus and the bus line to identify the company, etc. It takes lots of time to complete the online form that includes all transportation lines. If you have the time and energy to commit, then go for it. Waiting for a bus that never arrives is not in the list of reasons for filing a complaint. Check out the site for future reference. Drivers don't have control of traffic, only the bus they are driving.

Just speaking as someone who used to plan transit service (not here, in the US), it could also be that the bus was going out of service (e.g. at the end of the driver's shift) and therefore wouldn't pick anyone up/was drop-off only. I don't know if that was the specific situation in your case, but it's possible that their refusal to pick you up was appropriate and not just "bad customer service".

Back