Baexpats Book Club March Selection:junot Diaz"brief Wondrous

Alicia karr

Registered
Life of Oscar Wao"..,,
Greetings reading expats! Our next meeting and pot luck will be Wednesday March 26 at 7:00 in Recoleta. We will be discussing "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by the young Domincan author Junot Diaz.
As always, all members of BA Expats who enjoy reading, discussing, and meeting other expats are welcome.
Because space is limited it is necessary to RSVP here. Please include what dish you would like to bring. If you are new to the group I will PM you with the exact address.
We are a friendly varied group of expats of all ages and from various countries. The discussions and books read are in English. The pot luck dishes international! There is no cost, just the pleasure of good conversation, good food and good people!
Hope to see you all soon!

The last meeting was really fun….good discussions and food and wine. What could be better.

Nancy any I fly in that afternoon and will try real hard to make it. We'll bring empanadas and wine.

Tom

Thanks guys! What would a book club meeting be without the two of you?! Lively discussion? Check. Good spicy food? Double check!

Hello bookies and friends,
Just a reminder that the March meeting and pot luck is coming up Wednesday the 26 at 7:00pm in Recoleta. There is still enough time to read our selection "The a Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz.(available at Kells Books or I Bookstore, etc)
We are a friendly group of readers of different ages and nationalities all of whom are members of this forum. We spend about an hour on book discussion and the rest of the time eating, drinking and enjoying each other's company. Please feel free to check us out! To come please respond to this thread indicating what you'd like to bring for the pot luck, and I'll private message you with the exact address if you've never been!

Greetings Book Club readers- Following is a link on the PDF file for the book selection for next meeting .

http://ajaytao2010.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/the-brief-wondrous-life-of-oscar-wao-junot-diaz1.pdf

270px-Junot_wao_cover.jpg

do you know the answer to that question or are just from Texas?

Ghost, while your despise for me is completely shocking (still). I'd ask you to please avoid hijacking the book club thread.

Back