17. JamesKTusa
18. random.striker
19. camberiu
20. psent
21,22: Lonelysap
23. lamarque
24. SebaA

el_expatriado said:
I'm going to have to update my presentation the night before the meeting. It seems like every single day there is something new to report on!

wanted to thank El Expatriado for such an excellent presentation tonight. great turn out. the event was a tremendous success.

thank you also to G.S Dirtboy for organizing.

Expatriado & DirtBoy,
Great job and thanks for organizing. Very informative.

Suggestions for next meeting's topic?

Jim

el_expatriado said:
Yes, we had an amazing turn out. I'm going to see if I can get the presentation online so the people who couldn't attend can download it.

Let us know here the link to the presentation plz

el_expatriado, thank you very much for uploading the presentation -- super informative and helpful!

Thanks for organising a worthwhile evening (and the empanadas were excellent). It was a pleasure to meet people who are actually keen on getting on with life here and exploiting the opportunities rather than bitching about Argentina's defects. After spending three of the best years of my life here I have decided to commit (not something I do easily) as I really can't imagine anywhere better to live. This kind of meeting actually adds value to the expat community (especially for those who dont already have a strong network) and should help people get the best out of their experience here!

Miles Lewis said:
Thanks for organising a worthwhile evening (and the empanadas were excellent). It was a pleasure to meet people who are actually keen on getting on with life here and exploiting the opportunities rather than bitching about Argentina's defects. After spending three of the best years of my life here I have decided to commit (not something I do easily) as I really can't imagine anywhere better to live. This kind of meeting actually adds value to the expat community (especially for those who dont already have a strong network) and should help people get the best out of their experience here!

Thanks Miles, it was great to meet everyone and share ideas. I hope everyone learned a little bit.

I like to look on the bright side of things also. These economic issues can be stressful and very inconvenient for all of us. For those of us who come from developed free market economies, we are not used to these kind of restrictions.

But the trick is learning to play the game like the Argentines do and finding ways to make the system work for us.

Yes to el_expatriado, the trick is learning to play the game like the Argentines do. Exactly. If it works for anyone else, I am interesting in this subject. My family loves Argentina (I include my grown children) but people tell me DON'T go into business in Argentina. Anywhere but here. Just the red tape alone is awful. And then there are people like my lawyer who just laugh at it all and do what they want--or appear to. I've been working to get my castellano better so I can seriously converse with more local business people and see what they say. Some who have warned me ARE Argentines. One told me Argentina changed the law overnight and cost him $100,000 and just don't do it. He said he will never do it again. (He now works as an engineer in Patagonia.) So a group like this is perfect for me. Plus, as already stated by someone else, I LOVED being in the same room with thinking people who are looking for the opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back