BAExpats Economics / Politics Coffee Meeting June 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
arlean said:
Yes to el_expatriado, the trick is learning to play the game like the Argentines do. Exactly. If it works for anyone else, I am interesting in this subject. My family loves Argentina (I include my grown children) but people tell me DON'T go into business in Argentina. Anywhere but here. Just the red tape alone is awful. And then there are people like my lawyer who just laugh at it all and do what they want--or appear to. I've been working to get my castellano better so I can seriously converse with more local business people and see what they say. Some who have warned me ARE Argentines. One told me Argentina changed the law overnight and cost him $100,000 and just don't do it. He said he will never do it again. (He now works as an engineer in Patagonia.) So a group like this is perfect for me. Plus, as already stated by someone else, I LOVED being in the same room with thinking people who are looking for the opportunities.

The rules change quickly for some bussines so you have to be extra carefull, but for some others the rules remain always the same, in any case because the rules change a lot you are able to make much more money if you are well informed and you adapt quickly than the rest, Even in the Merval there are all the time good oportunitis to buy and sell, or in the real market there are lot of oportunity. In the developed market is true all is more stable, but almost everything is already done and as the rules almost never change there are very few oportunity to make good money, as a good friend of mine once told me here ''a rio revuelto ganancia de pescadores'' translated ''troubled waters, win for the fishermans''.
There are very good people to make bussines in argentina, but of course there is also people that will try to cheat you, in any case they are the minority. If you want to make bussines don't pay attention to advice if you are good investor or you have good ideas or if you chose well your contacts then you will make a lot of money. Anyone that has lost 100.000 will tell you that is not a good idea, but remember that there are lot of people that win money to is all about you, in my case i have learn to make better money when the things are more unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back