Baking Ingredients

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to try Casa Polti because it looks like they'll have what I need... I'll let you all know how the brownies turn out!!! (I have a food blog and will probably do an entry on them)

If you are still looking for anything baking oriented as well as spices and even some cool molecular ingredients. Try Dona Clara. The shop looks a bit like a pound/dollar store crossed with an aladin's cave for bakers but they most everything or at least a reasonable substitute. Plenty of things not mentioned on the web site too.

http://www.donaclara.com.ar/
Corrientes 2561

Also El Gato Negro in Congreso. Truly amazing little place with lots of spices, loose leaf teas and a great place for coffee...

Casa Polti has everything you want. almost, actually, I'm not sure they have chips. but they do have unsweetened bars & cocoa powder, vanilla pods, tortilla flour, baking soda, baking powder, etc. etc.

If you really really can't find any unsweetened cocoa, let me know. I have lots of it. Both Mexican & Swiss.

They do have unsweetened cocoa powder, and also dark unsweetned cocoa powder. They also have zataar and dried sage. I was really happy with this place! I've never ordered in grams before, and they were very patient with me!

Back