Banking Regulations For Non Residents

nancy. yes i have owned it for 10 years. i live in the US for now and visit several times a year. automatico pagar is thhe easiest way to make that work.

Bajo_Cero,

In 2012, we were instructed by Argentine Immigration that as new 'pensionistas' moving to Arg, we would be required:

-to produce a document provided by our Canadian pensions' payor that we were entitled to those and to state their sums; and
-to obtain from our Canadian bank its letter showing that the bank would put in place monthly automatic bank transfers from our Canadian account to our new Argentine peso bank account that we'd have to get so as to retire in Arg.

These were the conditions we'd have to satisfy to become temporary residents as pensionistas for our first 3 years in Arg before we would be eligible to apply for permanent residency.

Without an Arg bank account, how do more recent foreign pensioners living legally in Arg access their foreign income so as to pay their Arg rent, household bllls and health insurance premiums, etc?

Well, the immigration system is a close doors one, it means, an anti immigration law.
I just explained what the regulations of the central bank says.

Sockhopper

I use Ria to receive funds from the US, I've also used Xoom. I don't know if those services are available in Canada. When I applied for a dni in 2014 and renewed in 2015 & 2016, bank account information was not required. In 2014 I did have to provide a letter, which I obtained at the US embassy in Buenos Aires, verifying the amount of my Social Security income with a sentence stating that the payments would continue for life.

thanks jantango. i will look into it. when the problem first occured, i tried using my international credit card with cablevision. they refused. edenor is my next target. really appreicate the info. jim

There will come a time when utilities will no longer deliver printed bills to millions of customers. At some point, the population will use electronic means for everything.

It seems strange that a company would reject a credit card from a customer who wants their bills paid on time. The foreign population of the city and the entire country is increasing day by day. Utilities are changing their rules to accommodate their customers.

Gone are the days when you needed your Telefonica bill in hand to pay it. I remember not receiving mine in the mail and being charged a late payment and reconnection charge. For the last three years I receive my phone bill by email and pay it on the date due at Rapipago simply by giving my phone number. Bill paying made easy.

jantango. its an even better story when you understand what happend. my account was closed at HSBC and the debit card. they cut off service and demanded it pay for the four months the account was stopped but not closed by me officially. i agreed if the would reopen the account with an international credit card. they said they did not accept icc's. i said sorry then i will not pay the the four months. they changed their mind and accepted payment and reopened the account. when i got back to the states they closed the account again saying they do not accept icc's. i officially closed the account and got a friend to open it up under his card. gotta love this place and learn to work with it.

I was able to open an account at Banco de la Nacion by proving I own property here, even before I got temp residency. Now all of my bills are paid automatically from my acct. The only problem was depositing money without waiting 2 hours to see a teller and that was solved by using banks ATM machine for deposit.

"Gotta love this place and learn to work with it""

T/

Back