Banking Regulations For Non Residents

jbeas176

Registered
I am wondering if the banking regulations have changed for non residents with residential ownership. my account was closed 2 years ago and wondering if marci had any effect on those regulations. I just want a savings account with a debit card for automatic pay for utilites. I am a US resident and understand the problem is the reporting demands of the IRS. just hoping to catch a break.

I'm no longer in Arg but I was a perm resident and several banks I went to wouldn't open an account for me since I was a US citizen due to the FATCA regulations.

Thy Banco de la Nacion. It's not the best but works for us.

T/

thanks all. its what i expected. nancy, about a year ago, i went to bank de la nacion and applied. they said no problem, but finally said i need to have a job in buenos aires. did not make sense. i asked how i could work and report income if i was not a resident. i will give it another try.

I'm here 18 years without a local bank account, and I pay my bills at a Rapipago.

You can set up an automatic debit with Metrogas, Edesur, etc. from your US account with a VISA debit card. Read the reverse side of your bill for details.

For example, I found this on the Metrogas website:

MetroGAS le permite abonar su factura con las principales Tarjetas de Crédito o Entidades Bancarias, evitando colas innecesarias e inconvenientes imprevistos.

El débito será realizado en la “Fecha de vencimiento” que figura en la factura.
  • Puede completar su Formulario de Adhesión al Débito Automático por Tarjeta de crédito, haciendo Clic desde aquí
  • También puede adherirse llamando a nuestro Centro de Atención Telefónica al 4309-1000 / 0800-333-6427 (MGAS), con su tarjeta AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA, MASTERCARD, ARGENCARD, CABAL O CREDENCIAL, de lunes a viernes, en el horario de 8:30 a 17:30.
  • Si Ud. prefiere, también puede adherirse con su tarjeta VISA, llamando al 4379-7700.
  • Con su cuenta bancaria de alguno de los Bancos Autorizados (BBVA Francés, Citibank, Ciudad, Comafi, Credicoop, Galicia, HSBC, ICBC, Itaú, Macro, Nación, Patagonia, Provincia, Santander Río y Supervielle), puede adherirse completando el formulario desde aquí o llame directamente a su Banco y consulte las disposiciones de su entidad.

This is for Edesur:

Mediante este servicio práctico, seguro y sin costo, podés adherirte al pago de tus facturas a través del débito en cuenta corriente o caja de ahorro de más de 60 entidades bancarias, o también con tarjeta de crédito. Completá el formulario para iniciar el trámite.

thanks jantango. i will look into it. when the problem first occured, i tried using my international credit card with cablevision. they refused. edenor is my next target. really appreicate the info. jim

thanks jantango. i will look into it. when the problem first occured, i tried using my international credit card with cablevision. they refused. edenor is my next target. really appreicate the info. jim

my UK card has worked fine with Cablevision at different times over the past couple of years

thanks all. its what i expected. nancy, about a year ago, i went to bank de la nacion and applied. they said no problem, but finally said i need to have a job in buenos aires. did not make sense. i asked how i could work and report income if i was not a resident. i will give it another try.
Do you own your apartment? When we showed someone at a desk, ( rather than window ) our ownership docs, things went up the ladder and an account was opened. This happened at Banco de la Nacion. This was maybe 7, 8 years ago. HSBC closed our account right before that.
N

Any current experiences after FACTA?? for US Citizens.
One can operate with a Caja de Ahorro /debit card as well.

Back