Banks Accounts Being Frozen?

Joe said:
So you feel that Ron Paul is the voice of the republican party? They treat him like a joke on Fox News. He really doesn't belong in the republican party based on his opinions about America's foreign policy blunders.

Is this really a serious response?

Do you really believe that Ron Paul speaks for the rest of the people in the republican party. He is the spokesman for what programs are to be cut?

Or did it just occur to you the gross hypocrisy of expecting OWS to have a defined agenda when the other parties haven't ever come out with one other than generalities "We will cut spending by 20% but just don't ask us what we will cut"

And your response is Ron Paul has such a plan.

Tell me, Steve, what is the likelihood that Ron Paul will be the republican candidate for president?

The closest thing to defined adgenda of the OWS is replace the capitalist system wirh one that will give them what they want for free.

It doesn't exist and it isn't possible.

Ron Paul isn't the voice of the Republican party. No one is at this point and I never suggested he is. He has listed a number of government agencies (NOT JUST PLANS) he would eliminate. I don't think any of the other candidates have done anything like that.

Ron Paul already is a Republican candidate for president, but I don't think he will be the nominee.

steveinbsas said:
The closest thing to defined adgenda of the OWS is replace the capitalist system wirh one that will give them what they want for free.

Great Steve, I see you've been watching Fox News again. You might consider expanding your news sources a little. Just a suggestion.

steveinbsas said:
Ron Paul already is a Republican candidate for president, but I don't think he will be the nominee.

You don't think? Wow going out on a limb aren't we! ;) <sarcasm off>

Originally Posted by steveinbsas
I tried CNN...but I couldn't stand the accents and the teeth.

(Becky Anderson and Richard Quest ).

For someone who only watches FOX News "occasionally" how could you suddenly become such an expert on their coverage?

And why do you want to make this about me...or my feelings...as opposed to the real issue????

steveinbsas said:
I tried CNN...but I couldn't stand the accents and the teeth.:p

(Becky Anderson :mad: and Richard Quest :D).

For someone who only watches FOX News "occasionally" how could you suddenly become such an expert on their coverage?:confused:

And why do you want to make this about me...or my feelings...as opposed to the real issue????

How am I making it about you? Seems like we are being overly sensitive. I found your argument on why it OK to blame #OWS for not having a precise agenda but at the same time giving a pass to the established political parties particularly lame. Nothing personal - just a really lame argument IMO. Ron Paul, please. The party treats him like a joke.

I haven't watched Fox News for years, but their reaction to events is totally predictable - as predictable as a bad sitcom...

Joe said:
I haven't watched Fox News for years, but their reaction to events is totally predictable - as predictable as a bad sitcom...

You're a liar then. Here's what you previously posted in this thread:

Joe said:
You might be right - I watch Fox News occasionally and I've learned from them how to spin anything, in any way and in any direction I want.

Way to go, Joe.

No not really. I haven't had access to Fox News for a long time but occasionally I see snippets off Fox on YouTube that were referenced in new articles or blogs. I only have CNN in Spanish on my cable. But who watches TV if you have an internet connection now days.

Maybe you wouldn't be so angry if you didn't watch FoxNews so much :)

Joe said:
Bank of America with the OK of the Federal Reserve just announced that they were transferring billions of dollars in derivative risk into government insured accounts. This way derivative holders will get payed off with taxpayer money. Incredible. And you thought the bank bailouts were over!

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011...llars-of-losses-on-the-american-taxpayer.html

#OWS has responded:

Some of the posters here will tell you that #OWS are just a bunch of Molotov Cocktail throwing crazed Marxist college dropouts carrying Mao's Little Red Book because that is what they see on Fox News, but if you actually look at video of the demonstrations you will see it is a cross section of American society.

Excellent example to illustrate that at least some Occupy members/leaders get it. Unfortunately, "f**k the system", "Forgive our loans and give us free stuff" signs and posts are more prevalent. And not just on Fox News. Look at the OWS website.

Joe said:
How am I making it about you? Seems like we are being overly sensitive. I found your argument on why it OK to blame #OWS for not having a precise agenda but at the same time giving a pass to the established political parties particularly lame. Nothing personal - just a really lame argument IMO. Ron Paul, please. The party treats him like a joke.

Wow, for someone that continually bashes Fox News and the people that watch it but then admits to not watching it for years screams hypocrisy.

You watched clips on youtube so you must be an expert.

Joe said:
Bank of America with the OK of the Federal Reserve just announced that they were transferring billions of dollars in derivative risk into government insured accounts. This way derivative holders will get payed off with taxpayer money. Incredible. And you thought the bank bailouts were over!

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011...llars-of-losses-on-the-american-taxpayer.html

#OWS has responded:

Some of the posters here will tell you that #OWS are just a bunch of Molotov Cocktail throwing crazed Marxist college dropouts carrying Mao's Little Red Book because that is what they see on Fox News, but if you actually look at video of the demonstrations you will see it is a cross section of American society.

I posted your example on another web site with a lot of discussion about social movements in the USA....Here is the response I got:

"The link from Yves took me to the Naked Capitalist website!! Hardly an OWS bunch! And Ann Coulter agrees with stopping cronies on Wall Street from passing the derivatives onto FDIC. I posted about this yesterday, too. The only people you would offend with this link would be the Bank of America CEO...and he doesnt GAS and wont see it.

OWS people dont have a clue what a derivative is, what FDIC is, what B of A does for a living, or even what day it is. Let me know when they say ANYTHING of note."

I felt foolish for sticking up for the OWS.

Back