Banks To Strike Throughout The Week In Argentina

Citibank in Caballito ATM machines no Pesos Available :angry: :angry: :angry:

Floppy.....my comment yesterday in reply to Gringoboy's question was intended to be taken ironically.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Gringoboy....[/background]Situation normal then?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Absolutely.....like any December in BA ![/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]By 4:00pm yesterday, locals in Caballito were scrambling around trying to find any ATM's that had cash. A likely scenario to repeat itself today.[/background]

This is another manifestation of how the Peronachos---Cristinistas or whatever--- try to twist economic and fiscal realities into what they want economy to mean which for them is "relato"---demogoguery and populism
.Quite naturally it doesn't .work but that doen't matter to them because they live for the moment anyway.The banking union wants a Xmas bonus of AR$8k .that's it.f___k everyone and everything else.If they get it they spend it and move on to the next "paro"
I have been here since 1979 and every Dec has been like this except during Menem because there was close to 0 % inflation,he knew their flawed mind set perfectly and,,consequently had the unions in his pocket.
.The key is control inflation but with the Argentine mentality that's a monumental challenge.

High inflation is a disease - until Argentina gets it under control (consistently < 8-10%) things will never improve.

7 December 2016
http://www.ambito.co...-semana-proxima

Another bank strike announced for Thursday Dec 15...this time around is for 24 hrs......

.....The trade unionist, Sergio Palazzo, warned that in the fourth week of December another strike will be held. But for 48 hours if the sector does not receive a response to their claims.......

Once again we are faced with Argentine unionism's answer to every problem----"paro --work stoppage".
Whatever the problem,whatever the cause the response is always the same....work stoppage in which the biggest loosers are the customer public
Argentina is a hugely over-politicized society.There has always been too much politics and too much political jabbering.
In Argie slang--lunfardo- It has been called "La industria del chamuyo"--The Gab Industry.
Now we have Massa with "populismo light" vs. Macri with "populismo cool".
Enough already .How about a little honest work.

Blame it all on the people themselves - they accept it. A little roll of the eyes and a shrug of the shoulder and just ignore the burden of idiocy that is placed on the sholder of each person. In fact, it drives me nuts the way everyone just accepts.

I spent nearly three hours in traffic yesterday, trying to cross the damned bridge into Alsina. I got trapped in Nueva Pompeya between buses and trucks and cars. No one cooperated. I thought the bridge had been cut off by demonstrators again and I had been caught right at the beginning. I get up to the last light before the bridge (after more than an hour stuck in one place with my motor off), where 5 or 6 streets come together in typical confusion, along with Metrobus lane breaking through the middle of all that ending in the last light, and realized the problem was the lack of cooperation. It had become grid-locked because the drivers were trying to get across even when their light had turned red and were cutting off the other streets when it was their turn - until literally no one could move and no one would do anything to resolve the issue. It was so blocked up coming back, as well, that I had to drive way the hell out of my way and pass another bridge and find highway 205 just to get back into town and where I needed to go.

And when I tried to talk to the family about my frustrations, they just shrugged their shoulders, rolled their eyes and said "now you know how we are many days every week riding in buses and trying to get through the city. You just have to accept it." Of course they're right to the extent that it's not possible to change anyone here, but it doesn't help and I wish people WOULD change at least somewhat, in this regard.

Few cooperate here. People are very, very selfish, worried only about themselves, their family, or their social group (be it football or work, or what-have-you).

It's not the government that makes the people, it's the people who make the government.

El Queso.
Right you are! There is also a Spanish saying,"Un pueblo tiene el gobierno que se merece". --A people have the gov't. that they deserve.
In the Argentine case it usually fits like a glove.The greater majority do not participate in their own governance other than to vote because it is obligatory.
This is a prototypical Argie attitude known as the "no te metas----don't get involved".It's too much trouble.If things don't go right,just bitch and moan a lot .
if you can,you emmigrate,the US is a big favorite destination for this.Working in recruiting for 2 companies in NYC and South Florida in the 1970s i heard this Argie weeping and moaning lament over and over .On the upside,they were almost always very good workers,
In some L:A: countries like Chile,Brazil and Colombia they believe in Don't move,improve.
in Argentina it's more like,"No te calentes,no te gastes"---Don't upset yourself or wear yoursel out..Just split to the !st World.

High inflation is a disease - until Argentina gets it under control (consistently < 8-10%) things will never improve.

I agree although it's going to be a hell of a struggle to bring inflation down to consistent and acceptable levels.
I suspect there's a fear factor amongst producers/wholesalers/retailers/the service sector and that's why prices continue to rise. They've become so used to passing the buck on to the consumer they're quite happy as long as they continue to make money without too much effort and risk.

I pulled up the supermarket manager last week after finding out at the till the offer they displayed for the product at the shelf had expired two days previously.....not the first time this has happened either. When I suggested the advert should have been removed he just shrugged his shoulders and never even apologised. I also took the opportunity to tell him many of the stores products didn't have a price displayed which was met by the same reaction. I was going to tell him the stores trolleys were falling to bits but decided I was wasting my time. :D

Back