Barrio Cerrado/Country questions...

Bigboxer

Registered
I have a few general questions, regarding countries and barrio cerrado's in the northern area.

Does the monthly fee usually cover the ABL of the property you live in?
Does anyone have any experiences in a gated community that does not have a lot of extra facilities...that translates to a lower monthly gasto?

Does anyone have any input on the Pilar area for infrastructure ie: internet, either cable or Dsl..how fast? given the distance from Cap Fed.

Thanks for any info...

My father in law lives in Pilar and we've stayed there for a month. They had Direct tv and Speedy DSL which was quite fast. I had no problems with it at all. Pilae is great. You still have everything of the city, but not in the craziness of it.

I live in a “country” (Country Club) in Pilar but we own our home. I am not sure if you are talking about what would be included in the rent for a rental home, which may vary depending on the owner. But if you own the home, at least where I live, property taxes are not included in the “expensas” (monthly fees charged by the “country”). Also, in Pilar, I pay both Arba (provincial property tax) and tax to the Municipalidad of Pilar.
We have Internet (3 megabyte) through Cablevision/Fibertel. Seems to work OK.

RSPlayer said:
I live in a “country” (Country Club) in Pilar but we own our home. I am not sure if you are talking about what would be included in the rent for a rental home, which may vary depending on the owner. But if you own the home, at least where I live, property taxes are not included in the “expensas” (monthly fees charged by the “country”). Also, in Pilar, I pay both Arba (provincial property tax) and tax to the Municipalidad of Pilar.
We have Internet (3 megabyte) through Cablevision/Fibertel. Seems to work OK.
Thanks, yes i was talking about an owned property....

Bigboxer said:
I have a few general questions, regarding countries and barrio cerrado's in the northern area.

Does the monthly fee usually cover the ABL of the property you live in?
Does anyone have any experiences in a gated community that does not have a lot of extra facilities...that translates to a lower monthly gasto?

Does anyone have any input on the Pilar area for infrastructure ie: internet, either cable or Dsl..how fast? given the distance from Cap Fed.

Thanks for any info...

ABL is named ARBA if I'm right and no, they are not included in the barrio cerrado expensas (those are nominative taxes)

I live 15 mins away from Pilar and there are a few members of this forum living there.

High speed internet is available in Pilar and in some parts, even a very high speed internet is available (but costs around 700 pesos if I recall).

In my gated community, I pay 600 pesos monthly for the fees. There are two tennis courts, the security and that's it. I guess it's difficult to find for less. There are plenty of houses to sell here too (they sell slowly FYI).

One advice: when a property doesn't sell here, owners tend to RAISE the price (logical indeed :p) in order to negotiate it down if someone is interested. Be ready to negotiate a lot the prices.

Back