Basura

"TatanBsAs" said:
"""Jedard, you disgust me.""" WHY? Because I tell the truth about what is happening to this beautifull country. Sometimes my dear, when soft words fail to achieve the results, then dimplomacy has failed.
""""Fact: Argentina is a third world country.""""" WRONG, WRONG and WRONG. This is what most tourists want to believe, just as you do. If this is indeed a 3rd world country as you put it, then the teachers of this wonderful country are doing a disservice to their students.

"""""Fact: Expats live in Argentina, so there must be a reason why they decide to stay.""""" I believe this point has been well covered. But remember little lady, we should all agree that we can disagree. When I talk it is the truth I speak about. And unlike some people on this site I do not have a financial interest as I know some of them do.

"""""""Fact: Expatriates tend to compare Bs As to New York, DC, Miami, LA, San Francisco, which just happen to be some of the nicest cities in the U.S. Why don’t you compare Bs As to specific parts of these cities (NE or SE DC, Compton in LA, certain parts of Brooklyn, the Bronx, Harlem NY, Little Havana in Miami, has anybody been to San Francisco and seen how many homeless people there are?), or other cities, such as Detroit, New Orleans -before and after Katrina-. The point is that Buenos Aires as other cities in the US, has its flaws, with the only difference being that Buenos Aires is in a third world country as Argentina. if you want US or Canadian standards, then you should stay in the US or Canada."""""""""""
WRONG AGAIN. This is not a 3rd wolrd country. You will have to leave your home and take off your hood to see this.
I now end further input onto this subject. I leave it to those who would rather inspire others to come here believing all is safe, beautiful, and cheap, in order to make some kind of financial gain.
One last word. Freedom of speech is what we fought for, what my father and his father fought for . I value it and have never had to worry about being shot because of this or listed as missing. Get the picture.

BRAVO Jedard. You said it better than I could. Some people on here love to criticize Foreigners on here for pointing out flaws and then rant and rave about going back where you came from. As for me, the person doesn't have a clue about me but I would certainly like to meet her. What a jealous and envious little person...constantly confronting others with no more than questions rather than statements or solutions. Its always, "Go look up...."As Jedard said, I will continue to voice my opinion regardless if some people like it or not. The old saying is "The truth always hurts". Well I am not one to sugarcoat anything and tell it like it is. If you don't like my opinion, then too bad.

"jedard" said:
"""Jedard, you disgust me.""" WHY? Because I tell the truth about what is happening to this beautifull country. Sometimes my dear, when soft words fail to achieve the results, then dimplomacy has failed.

""""Fact: Argentina is a third world country.""""" WRONG, WRONG and WRONG. This is what most tourists want to believe, just as you do. If this is indeed a 3rd world country as you put it, then the teachers of this wonderful country are doing a disservice to their students.

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world_countries.htm It is a third world country. By the way I am Argentine and I was educated in the United States, so Argentine teacher have nothing to do with my qualification of Argentina as a third world country.

I did not say we could not disagree. RE-READ my post. It’s the way you express your ideas. Making generalizations, calling people slobs? That’s like me saying that ALL Canadians are dull; only enjoy watching hockey and ice fishing. I am sure that is the case of some Canadians but not all Canadians.
"""""""Fact: Expatriates tend to compare Bs As to New York, DC, Miami, LA, San Francisco, which just happen to be some of the nicest cities in the U.S. Why don’t you compare Bs As to specific parts of these cities (NE or SE DC, Compton in LA, certain parts of Brooklyn, the Bronx, Harlem NY, Little Havana in Miami, has anybody been to San Francisco and seen how many homeless people there are?), or other cities, such as Detroit, New Orleans -before and after Katrina-. The point is that Buenos Aires as other cities in the US, has its flaws, with the only difference being that Buenos Aires is in a third world country as Argentina. if you want US or Canadian standards, then you should stay in the US or Canada."""""""""""
WRONG AGAIN. This is not a 3rd wolrd country. You will have to leave your home and take off your hood to see this.
This is a third world country. See the link I pasted above.
I now end further input onto this subject. I leave it to those who would rather inspire others to come here believing all is safe, beautiful, and cheap, in order to make some kind of financial gain.
I have not financial interest or of any other kind if tourists come or do not. My line of work does not require an expatriate presence.
One last word. Freedom of speech is what we fought for, what my father and his father fought for . I value it and have never had to worry about being shot because of this or listed as missing. Get the picture.
"No hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver". Look it up. You can consult the meaning with your Argentine wife if you like. I did not bring up a freedom of speech issue nor did I censure you. I simply critized the manner in which you expressed your ideas. That´s it. Get the picture?

"""""Fact: Expats live in Argentina, so there must be a reason why they decide to stay.""""" I believe this point has been well covered. But remember little lady, we should all agree that we can disagree. When I talk it is the truth I speak about. And unlike some people on this site I do not have a financial interest as I know some of them do.

It must be extremely tiresome to be on the right all the time. Like a know it all. and a bottomless pit of knowledge. It must be time and energy consuming to argue about "manners" and then not show any. The arguments on this thread is starting to loose focus on whether there is or there IS NOT "basura" issues in Buenos Aires. Right, TatanBS?
If I say good things, I am sarcastic! If I say bad things....well..I would just have to pack my bags and leave then right? What gives? So I resolve to just continue with my 2007 ways, since TatanBS does not want anything positive from me. I tried..but obviously, my 2007 nega-ways is exactly how TatanBS likes it. You are on!
And I thought this was a site for EXPATS, not locals? I detect some/alot of locals in here...don't you? You can never feel free to express an expat's point of view if everytime you point out something be it good or bad, a local knock you down just to shut you up, argumentum ad baculum! Of course, as a local you are expected to defend your country. But doesn't that defeat the purpose of calling this site BA EXPATS?

"Matty" said:
And I thought this was a site for EXPATS, not locals?
Matty,

This is a site for expats, but being an expat is not required for membership. It rather defines scope of interests of the site.

You don't believe that "New York Times" is only for New Yorkers, right?

"Matty" said:
I was not talking about "manners".
I used the word manner as in the "way of doing, being done, or happening; mode of action, occurrence, etc.: I don't like the manner in which he complained" etc. I suggest you read before you write. And if we were talking about manners, I only was getting down to the level of "some" expats (the key words is "some" matty). Treating people like slobs, generalizing about argentines in that way is offensive.
It must be extremely tiresome to be on the right all the time. Like a know it all. and a bottomless pit of knowledge. It must be time and energy consuming to argue about "manners" and then not show any. The arguments on this thread is starting to loose focus on whether there is or there IS NOT "basura" issues in Buenos Aires. Right, TatanBS?
Are you so structured to think that because the original issue is about basura, then we can´t refer to what people say on this issue? we can only talk about basura? It appears that you are very narrow minded.
If I say good things, I am sarcastic! If I say bad things....well..I would just have to pack my bags and leave then right? What gives? So I resolve to just continue with my 2007 ways, since TatanBS does not want anything positive from me. I tried..but obviously, my 2007 nega-ways is exactly how TatanBS likes it. You are on!
And I thought this was a site for EXPATS, not locals? I detect some/alot of locals in here...don't you? You can never feel free to express an expat's point of view if everytime you point out something be it good or bad, a local knock you down just to shut you up, argumentum ad baculum! Of course, as a local you are expected to defend your country. But doesn't that defeat the purpose of calling this site BA EXPATS?
Thank you Igor, for clarifying on this point. I didn´t tell anybody to shut up (in this regard I can show you some of the classy notes I have been receiving, for example from rmartinbuenosaires, a real classy guy) . Its not about pointing out what is good or bad. Its about the way or manner (not "manners" Matty) that you use to go about it. Buenos Aires, as is the case of other cities around the world, is far from perfect. That doesnt mean its justified to offend the country and its people while pointing out the good or bad.

To the guy who said Argentinian men are dirty I read this today on a blog which summed up other races compared to Argentines.
http://iamcoog.blogspot.com/
Which brings me to my why I love Argentina.
I love Argentina, because here guys don't constantly spit on the street. Or snot on the street.
That is something that guys in Germany do at times and in Ireland they do it all the damn time. And it's disgusting, but they don't care, they get out on the street and start snotting everywhere and you are lucky if nothing ever lands on your shoes, and it's no fun to actually look where you're going but then you have to to avoid stepping into it.
The same goes for puking. Friday and Saturday nights the whole of Dublin is out in the streets throwing up it seems, at least that would explain all the sick on the streets on Mondays.
They also tend to pee in the streets. Yes. Against walls of houses where people live in and in front of everybody. Once I even saw a guy having a number 2 in a side street in the middle of the day!
I don't know if it is because so many people in Dublin get so wasted at the weekend that they don't know what they are doing anymore or if they just don't have the slightest little bit of shame or education or what it is, but it sure is hideous behaviour.
Here I saw once one guy peeing in a bush, that was it. No group peeing, puking or snotting. Apparently it is considered bad behaviour. So is burping and farting in public (that's right, guys, farting really loud does not proove your manliness).
So, if anybody is thinking about complaining about Argentines for being arrogant for thinking that they have so much style and education, think again. Cause maybe in some way they just do.

"ramon" said:
To the guy who said Argentinian men are dirty I read this today on a blog which summed up other races compared to Argentines.
http://iamcoog.blogspot.com/
Which brings me to my why I love Argentina.
I love Argentina, because here guys don't constantly spit on the street. Or snot on the street.
That is something that guys in Germany do at times and in Ireland they do it all the damn time. And it's disgusting, but they don't care, they get out on the street and start snotting everywhere and you are lucky if nothing ever lands on your shoes, and it's no fun to actually look where you're going but then you have to to avoid stepping into it.
The same goes for puking. Friday and Saturday nights the whole of Dublin is out in the streets throwing up it seems, at least that would explain all the sick on the streets on Mondays.
They also tend to pee in the streets. Yes. Against walls of houses where people live in and in front of everybody. Once I even saw a guy having a number 2 in a side street in the middle of the day!
I don't know if it is because so many people in Dublin get so wasted at the weekend that they don't know what they are doing anymore or if they just don't have the slightest little bit of shame or education or what it is, but it sure is hideous behaviour.
Here I saw once one guy peeing in a bush, that was it. No group peeing, puking or snotting. Apparently it is considered bad behaviour. So is burping and farting in public (that's right, guys, farting really loud does not proove your manliness).
So, if anybody is thinking about complaining about Argentines for being arrogant for thinking that they have so much style and education, think again. Cause maybe in some way they just do.

Ewwwwwwwwwww

For the record, someone said I had sent them "classy" notes and insinuated that I was "bothering" her. The fact is, said individual was sending ME emails and was personally attacking my character because I am gay.T***BSAS you need to get some help. Your unique twist on reality and constant "victim" routine is old. You also need to get a life and not worry about what Foreigners write about Argentina. If you don't like it, then don't log on. This site is intended for EXPATS to freely voice their opinions/concerns. You attack Americans just as much as you claim you are attacked.

Back