battered women

redgirl

Registered
Dear Expats Community

I am reaching out to you all today looking for options! I am currently in an unbareable relationship with a man who is being abusive to me physically and mentally. I am living with him. He threatens me saying he will throw me out and at the same time steals my money so i cannot move. I need to leave, i just lost my job and am searching for something new! I am really down on my luck and i need to move from this place as soon as possible. Please if you know of a womens shelter, a church anywhere i may be able to stay where i can be safe and lay my head for the night would be great.

thank you so much

sincerely REDGIRL

Hi Redgirl,
Im so sad to hear your news. I know there are places to help you, but would you tell me if you are in Capital Federal, Provincia de Buenos Aires, or somewhere else?

Call NOW to the number 0 800 666 8537. Some of the staff speak English. They will suppport you. The phone number belongs to the Government of the City of Buenos Aires, Women Rights. They provide shelter and resources to get out of that situation. Best luck, and let us know if you need more help.

Roxana said:
Call NOW to the number 0 800 666 8537. Some of the staff speak English. They will suppport you. The phone number belongs to the Government of the City of Buenos Aires, Women Rights. They provide shelter and resources to get out of that situation. Best luck, and let us know if you need more help.

Is it the same as the 137 ?

The 137 is also helpful. It belongs too to the city of Buenos Aires, and they work 24x365 too.

And also, from which country are you from? If you prefer, click under my name and choose to send me a private message (PM). Im looking forward for your answer.

Depending on where you're from, your consulate may be able to help you.

In case you are American, contact your Embassy, the phone number for emergencies after hours and weekends is 5777 4873, working hours 5777 4354.

Back