Been to Iguazu recently? ... need some info

Yes, the prices I quoted were one way. There is also a very convenient 10peso/person (20 round trip) bus that runs between Puerto Iguazu and the park.

I stayed Sheraton, not cheap, but worth the trouble.
The city is quite boring, the fall is great. And probably not
worth the trouble to go to the Brasil side either.
I was stuck at the small airport for 6 hours because of the strike.

Totally wrong on the lousy food mate. La Rueda has fantastic food, ate there several times last week. El Quincho del Tio Quierido is a find steak house, we also had an awesome lunch at Aqua. There are a lot of mediocre places too, but its possible to find great food there if you ask knowledgeable people.

And probably not
worth the trouble to go to the Brasil side either.

the brazil side is fantastic. that's where we stayed, for several days. (in the early 90's)

The Brazilian side of the waterfalls is also worth seeing!

As for staying there , it is now rather expensive and the hotels are not great.

"Argentina has the falls, but Brazil has the views" ... don't miss the views from the Brazilian side if you can help it.

Regarding the car transfer rates I asked about, here's the lowest quote I got which may be useful for anyone going soon:

- Transfer to/from airport and hotel: $100 (each way)
- Transfer to/from hotel and argentine park: $100 (round trip)
- Transfer to/from hotel and brazilian park: $220 (round trip)

These are rates quoted by the hotel they are using. All prices in AR$ pesos.

Brazil sure has a lot of attractions form the landmarks, beaches, nature destinations, festivals.. etc.. It is really a good idea to spend holiday in brazil.. They also have delicious delicacies... And my favorite one is the Coxinha.. :)

Back