being a girl on the subway

i've always been tempted to get one up on them and call their bluff but don't have the balls, mainly because i fear the outcome if it backfires. when they say things like 'te quiero cojer/ay mamita/que tetas que tenes/fill blank as appropriate, nonchalantly turn around and say, 'come on then, you up for it? let's have a quickie round the corner whilst no-one's looking. i'm game if you're game'. they're such pussy's they wouldn't know what hit them! it's mainly down to bravado and for some because they think that it's their God given right to accost women in the street, but i concur with others on the board that it's mostly a verbal manifestation as opposed to a physical one. i've only ever had ONE guy brush his hand over my arse and it happened so quickly i could only muster an astonished 'hey' before he was well out of earshot, walking in the opposite direction.

arty said:
All bets are off if you go to their house too. It is understood that if you invite a women to your house and she accepts then sex is to be expected.

Knock it off, arty. Bringing a girl home doesn't give you license to rape her. She can still say no and, if you do decide to rape her, she can press charges and you will go to jail. I know a guy who narrowly avoided jail after being accused of rape. I don't know if he committed the crime (it became a he-said, she-said thing and he walked, probably for lack of evidence) but I do know that the police were very serious when they came, with a warrant, to search his apartment.

Argentine women may put up with a whole bunch of bullshit because they don't know any better but that doesn't mean anyone else has to. Going home with some Argy douchebag is obviously not a wise a thing to do, but doing so doesn't mean that a woman (or a man, if that happens to be the case) surrenders their right to just walk away and go home. There are laws against kidnapping and rape here, arty. I'm sure you're a stand-up guy, champ, but that was some creepy shit you wrote up there. The OP just got here from Boston and got molested on the subway by some dirty fuck. Be nice.

Hi,and yes...welcome to Argentina. I know exactly how you felt...On my 1st visit to this country one day I felt like going around the block and looking at some stores...bad idea, I had a guy follow me all the way back to my front door. Needless to say, I feel very apprehensive of going out on the streets on my own. Some people may think I am being just plain ridiculous but, I really feel unsafe on my own here. Beign 'caribeña' brings lots of attention to a girl out here apparently, and the guys here will do anything to let you know it. I often go tout with my boyfriend or a male friend to avoid this, but it still happens. The guys here can care less if youre alone or with someone. Walking on the streets, some guys have said really nasty things to me which would make any girls feel violated. They come really close to my face to say the most sexual things in the nastiest ways possible. Remember, all this while walking hand in hand with my boyfriend. At this point he has learned to ignore them but sometimes he just wishes to kick some perverts ass. I have another friend living here and everywhere she goes she carries her pepper spray can. REALLY. She had her breasts grabed one day while walking on a very busy street in plain daylight. I could tell you of other stories of girls Ive met over here that have had similar experiences. Its a really unfortunate situation since noone does anything about cause it's seen as something 'normal' I say, you dont have to put up with it, If someone grabs you just push him off and scream at him loud enough just so that you catch other peoples attention. My new favorite phrase : " pajero de mierda" or "hijo de puta pajero" well any combination with "pajero" will do, they get the message that theyre just being a nasty pervert :D
Good luck with that, and on the positive side...Ive learned to be VERY aware of my surroundings just looking at every side just so I dont get grabed. I guess I am trained for life now ;)

Back